Gatineau Age Benefit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Has anyone here still got stocks of the old version of the Age Benefit cream and also bought the new version launched in the TSV? I want to know if I can use them together - can I use one in the morning and one at night? It was implied that you could use the new one at night but Anne Dawson has since said that it's for daytime use. CS said I should just use up the old stuff first and then move on to the new version but I need to try the new one in the 30 day period to make sure it's going to work for me. I have tried asking QVC directly, even called the studio line to see if I could ask Andrew directly, but they haven't been particularly helpful and no one has provided any answer yet. I know it happens, but I don't like it when they push a product hard to make sales and then make it obsolete with a new version soon after, even more so when I'm still paying easy pays on it! They did the same with the Melatogenine a while back. I should have seen the signs! I suddenly feel as though the old version is no longer any good. No has mentioned the old version at all. Will they keep selling it? I feel like it's a bit of a fob off and gullible me fell for it.

Plus, is 30ml going to be the full size from now on? The old pots are 50ml but this new one was described as full size in the show.

I love the old version of it. Really annoyed that they've replaced it and aren't giving the option of the new/old. I'm skipping this TSV.

My problem with this tsv is the price of the new elixir when sold on it's own, it's only 15ml the same size as most eye creams and it will be £90!!!! what if it's fabulous? who could afford to keep using it? not me. Prices of premium brands are becoming more and more ridiculous,I have used the original age benefit and quite liked it because of the light texture more than anything,the results from it were okay but certainly not amaaaayzzing,and what of the original age benefit serum, will that become redundant too? I remember when Lancome launched their Genifique serum it was supposed to be all singing and dancing so to speak,posters for it everywhere, now they have a new one out which is supposed to be better---sound familiar,I give up.

They tend to do their biggest sellers in a 30ml and a 50ml version these days, eg melatogenine, elemis pcm. So they are both retail sizes - at least on QVC. I cannot see any reason why you couldn't use both versions of the age benefit at the same time, one morning & one night. They probably suggested using the richer version at night as that is when your skin is most responsive, but that wouldn't stop you using it during the day, especially if you have dry skin - don't recall them saying on the tsv launch that is was just a night cream? I got the impression that they were still going to carry the original version of age benefit, but I'm not certain about that.

Didn't go for it myself. Like the original age benefit as I have quite an oily skin, so don't need anything richer.

I wonder if it's all just hype. Gatineau must still be making a hefty profit from selling today's TSV or else they wouldn't sell it at that price. So, if the Elixir "normally" sells at £90, that's telling me that Gatineau's mark up on the product is astronomical. Which also makes me think it's not worth £90 in reality. Same goes for Age Benefit cream. I think that the actual production cost of these TSV items to Gatineau is very low, with mark up considerable even when part of a TSV. That's why Lord Sugar is so keen to get into the skincare industry because the profit margins are huge. So I am being disciplined today , ignoring the sales hype and not buying.

Yes, I think the mark-up on skincare is huge. Can't imagine that they aren't making a profit on the tsv price. One of the reasons I never buy at the full price.

I'm getting more & more exasperated by the claims that some of the products featured on Q make.

Not to mention the pseudo-science!
Collagen anyone?
I recently googled some of these magical ingredients - lol

Shouldn't be allowed!

I have to say over the years I have noticed this with Gatineau(they are own by Revelon and have been for years), they seem to bring out new versions of their creams very quickly. Something launches and its the greatest anti ager in the universe, then a few months later another version which they say is even better comes out. I sort of get the stack them high sell out quick and then bring another one along as quick as possible.

I have used Gatineau long ago and wasn't WOWed at all. The throat gel is lovely, but now they tell us oh you actually need to use it under another of our neck creams and not on its own. The Floracel is rubbish at taking makeup off, I have a 400ml size in my fridge which I need to use another cleanser over to get rid of non waterproof mascara. Oh I got it for £14 at the time, not QVC. They did a great body scrub in a 400mls size then discontinued relaunched in 150mls size for a lot more money. Same product.

Same thing here with the Floracil. Huge 400ml with over 90% in it unused in my bathroom. It does not remove waterproof mascara. I cannot use anything else but waterproof because I put drops in my eyes throughout the day and normal mascara leaves me panda-eyed. What a useless product!

I love the floracil - but then I only wear non-waterproof mascara as I think it is better not to have to 'scrub' your eyes to get waterproof mascara off which you have to do to some degree with any remover even the oily ones specifically for this. Figured out a few years ago that it was not worth making wrinkles around my eyes just to wear waterproof mascara. But I agree floracil is not good for waterproof mascara.

I also like most of the Gatineau products particularly the defi-lift and the defi-lift mask is amazing. I used to use Decleor many years ago but stopped using it when they changed the formula of their products and changed the toner from the lovely brown one to a horrible pink one. I also tried Elemis a couple of times but ended up sending it back as the PCM was a horrible thick consistency which did not sink into the skin.

Horses for courses:hi:

Best eye make up remover I have tried is Boots Botanics 2 phase gets everything off and no scrubbing needed.
I have tried gatineau but have never been overly impressed, the lip stuff gives me pimples on my lips! Do like the throat gel and the radiance mask ( think thats what its called) but nothimg else so my money is save today.

the beauty bible r ecommend simple eyemakeup remover and its very good. £3 a bottle

I use the Simple one when I haven't got a floracil cheaply in a tsv - it is very good - quite often you can get it for £2 on offers in the supermarket or boots etc.

I bought a duo pack of the simple eye make up remover and have just finished the first bottle. I do not rate it at all. It takes ages to get off mascara (I use max factor false lash effect and benefit 'theyre real'). It takes even longer to get off my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. The best one I have tried is Boots No 7, which is more expensive, but takes off both mascara and gel eyeliner relatively easily. Its weird how some products work for some and not for others.

the beauty bible r ecommend simple eyemakeup remover and its very good. £3 a bottle

I used this after running out of floracil and had forgotten to buy some more from Ebay. I have to say, it does work really well, no stinging or soreness after usng the Simple stuff - and a heck of alot cheaper.

I adore Floracil removes all my eye make-up no problem and often use it as a compress, lovely and soothing, have used Defi-Lift too liked it but, not as much as PCMC

I used to like the laser range, the one in the bright pink packaging; whatever they claimed replaced it was never as good.
Floracil is pants, I have a 3/4 full bottle languishing somewhere; I wish I'd ebayed it instead of trying it out. It's probably a couple of years past its best, I think it was part of a tsv years ago.

As for re-formulating products, it's like the new improved Ariel or Persil that comes out every few months....the version 3 years ago must have been really rubbish if they need to improve it so frequently is my suspicion!

Jude xx

I love Gatineau Floracil and I've used it for a few years now. I use Floracil as a compress which soothes my eyes especially in the summer time. :sun:

I've ordered the tsv already today .....my biggest weakness is anti-aging products as unfortunately I've got a lot of sun damage to my face and I've tried loads of products everything from Liz Earle to Decleor (as well as No7, Clarins and Clinique) but I keep going back to Gatineau Melatogenines products.

Latest posts

Back