Christmas Day QVC schedule.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know of the Christmas day programme schedule of QVC yet?

I am expecting a VT loop of products, maybe clips of bloopers and choirs of children singing in the ad breaks.
I apologise for seeming extremely sad asking such info, however this Christmas Day will be the first one ever I will be totally alone - maybe not strictly, I have my Cat, but not really sure how to spend my day!

Its a day of 'should I/shouldn't I' dilemmas .. do I cook just for me? if I have beans on toast am I perceived as being a Scrooge?

I must say I do enjoy the QVC bloopers... I hope they show them. I would like to see AY get that cupcake shoved in her face again! :tongue:

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year please could Paul Lavers present QVC live for 24hrs?

Yours faithfully,

Paul_s

I spent a christmas on my own rather enjoyed it, no-one to bother me, could watch what I wanted and eat what I wanted, had plenty of places to go, just fancied my own company for a change !!!!!!!!!! Lots of people are on their own and they don't seem to mind it either !!!!!!! So just have a nice day with yourself and puss! it is after-all just another day !! xx

as long as we don't have JF on a loop we should be okay. and JR's Ego--cook yourself the nicest meal you can think of and a treat for your cat too.

I am expecting a VT loop of products, maybe clips of bloopers and choirs of children singing in the ad breaks.
I apologise for seeming extremely sad asking such info, however this Christmas Day will be the first one ever I will be totally alone - maybe not strictly, I have my Cat, but not really sure how to spend my day!

Its a day of 'should I/shouldn't I' dilemmas .. do I cook just for me? if I have beans on toast am I perceived as being a Scrooge?

I must say I do enjoy the QVC bloopers... I hope they show them. I would like to see AY get that cupcake shoved in her face again! :tongue:

It is on the TV Guide

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...le.|uktvguide|weekly,aspx.weekValue.weekPlus2

Looks like pre-recorded shows on a loop.

If you would like a typical Christmas dinner with all the trimmings then go for it. On the other hand if you just fancy cheese on toast then have that. You wouldn't be Scrooge if you went for the later. I know that it is not the same but I am sure I, like other ST.com members will be popping on here over the festive period so in spirit at least you won't be on your own.

PJ xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'd say do exactly what YOU want. if you want a nice meal have it, if you want to spend all day in your jammies, watching qvc as you work your way through a tin of quality street, do that. whatever you decide to do, i hope you have a lovely day :)

I am on my own at christmas have been for years. Does it bother me? Hell no. I buy a free range turkey crown and cook(lasts me and the cats days), make my roasties and board beans(I like board beans thank you). Visit some friends in the morning walking distance, come home and cook dinner drink some champagne and watch tv. Do I watch QVC, no. Then wait for the sales to buy myself things with the money I get for christmas.

JR's Ego it's totally up to you what you do with the day, if I had my way I'd sit and read all day with Q on in the background - I'm not going to be alone on Christmas day this year but I will be alone if that makes sense? I'll be with my Mum and Dad but nobody else and wishing I could escape. Life's not been great lately and the festive season can extra specially do one for me this year.

You should do exactly what makes you happy - and do it when you want to, think about it as a day to look after number one - relax, pamper and above all be GOOD to yourself!!

This forum is always here too - so pop online if you feel you want company or to chat to folks, I'll probably end up doing the same at a few points during the day.

This forum is lovely, it really is like a group of friends, and yes friends do argue a bit at times but no harm meant I'm sure.

We have had the neighbours from hell for nearly 10 years and every single christmas since they moved in has been utterly ruined for us through noise all day/night/inconsideration etc. Police and environmental health have been contacted on numerous occasions but guess what Santa has really done us proud this year as they have a sold board outside. When we told our child the instant reply was "does that mean I will have my first quiet christmas", bless, made me cry, what a way for a little person to feel and think!! So I for one am looking forward to the best christmas day ever. I hope everybody out there has a fantastic day too, and if you are on your own my advice (which admittedly I have never been able to follow personally because of these rotten people) is do what you want, when you want, watch what you want and eat what you want. If you can do that hopefully you will have a superb day too !!!

I always think it is very easy to say that it is only one day because whilst yes it is, it is a day that is full of sentiment so naturally it feels more than that. But cuddle up on the sofa, switch the twinkly lights on and stuff your face I say ROFL and relish in all the family squabbles and falseness that you will be avoiding. Happy Christmas everyone xxxxx

Last edited:
I've spent years being dragged along to family gatherings at Christmas but as I've gotten older, watching the kids run around screaming, and having to use that fixed smile pretending they're lovely becomes tiresome. All the while you're trying to watch the Bond movie with the sound turned down and ignoring your uncle in the armchair who farts when he falls asleep and ducking the bitchy comments from other members of the family you barely know because you only see them once a year. I was a party pooper and used to fall asleep under the buffet table most times so the prospect of being home mostly to myself is sheer bliss. It's not Scroogelike in the least, I simply enjoy my own company and the freedom to do what I want and when I want, especially when it comes to eating myself to within an inch of my life.

PS This is a male perspective BTW :) I think most men would be happy with a skip of food and stack of beer.

If you do find yourself alone this Christmas,then I toast you the happiest Christmas and good health in the New Year.Collect yourself some some DVD's,mark the radio times with what you want to watch,stock up on festive treats and enjoy.

On boxing day,treat yourself in the sales - or if you're a bit poor like me LOL - start looking on the internet at days out,holidays,little trips for the forthcoming year

XXXXXXXXXxx

I don't mind being on my own Christmas Day, speak to everyone in the morning, cook when I feel like it, drink when I want to! I think I will have turkey this year as I love it especially cold. I'll buy the smallest one I can find and have with all the trimmings.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a "Onesie", wonder when will QVC start selling them? - got to happen surely? Can't wait to see the presenters video with them wearing these!!!! :mysmilie_19:

Under my Slanket in a Onesie Christmas night with a turkey sandwich, near empty bottle of sparkly stuff - heaven! Think I might be "off the run" Boxing Day though…

Sometimes getting one of the really nice ready meals from M&S can be good. Something lovely to eat without the bother of cooking for yourself, or even more of a drag, the washing up.
Then choosing something interesting to watch, recorded or DVD if nothing you fancy, some lovely nibbles to share with my dog & something sparkling to drink can be better than you expect.

I sometimes get a bit weepy if there's something a bit too sentimental, but there have been far worse Christmases in company.

Thank you all SOOO much for your love and TLC Its really fantastic, that although ST can get quite heated at times, deep down we all know where our hearts are. you are all such wonderful people

:rock::up:

So I feel better that Im not the only one. I guess I have this vision of a 'christmas card' Christmas day of perfection, happy, smiling etc.., but that is incredibly naive of me

I will certainly be checking in on ST.com I have decided to get a 'finest' roast dinner, but bulk it up with 1lb of sprouts - (And not worry about the consequences, as I can do 'that' too being alone - the old windy-pops syndrome) :tongue:

I am a bit of a traditionalist so Im sure Tommy Cooper/Morcambe & Wise/ Two Ronnies wouldn't go amiss LOL I also think they are airing Sound of Music and Wizard of Oz this year also

Moth - I have heard many a time men who would sacrifice their Christmas meal NOT to have to sit with their mother in Law!
Spooky - I feel for you... I do hope you will get a lovely rowdy-free Christmas
Sazza - Thanks for the link - fantastic x
PJ - I havent had cheese on toast for yonks! Must have that sometime, extra strong with Heinz ketchup
Barbed wire - Sorry to hear things haven't been great I wish you a wonderful 2012 "the only way is up" as the song goes
China Girl - I totally agree, many hearts here.
Donna - you are a superwoman!!
Paul S - I have to agree, Lavers days were classic and irreplaceable - bring him back with a treadmill and a leotard!
Janie - As you mentioned a whole tin of Quality St, I will consider that as an order!!
Fwend - My Cat, 'Chairman Miaow' will be most content that he has me all to himself to stretch across so I look like Uncle Albert (he's white you see)
Rainbowdottie - I will raise my glass of Christmas Harveys bristol cream (my 1 drink a year) and think of you, with a big smile x
Breeze - Im with you on the weepy. I find traditional Christmas carols set me off on the tears route immediately! Must be my hormones!
Frazzled - People seem to be going crazy for the panda Onezie - I have to admit Im scared of getting one, for fear of slipping, landing in casualty wearing a devil onezie with "hot stuff" printed on the feet (as Ive seen on Ebay) LOL

xxx (hugs) xxx

I think you really have to think about it as just one day,two if you must.

Every year our Christmas changes as our teens get older.Every year we put up less Decs,buy less food - its an annual changing process.And we have to adapt and change with it.

I decided a couple of years ago,not to "overbuy" food,treats and drinks - not to have "too high" an expectation - and look at it as one or two roasts dinners and something (hopefully!!) to watch on the tele!! The shops are only shut for 1?2? days,and it seems the world goes mad.I decided to enjoy it but not overthink it - and its been better that way - in the past I've always had a high expectation from this "magical" season - and somewhere along the line,its not lived up.

Alone or not,eat,drink and merry in your PJ's with the DVD's!! XX

I think you really have to think about it as just one day,two if you must.

Every year our Christmas changes as our teens get older.Every year we put up less Decs,buy less food - its an annual changing process.And we have to adapt and change with it.

I decided a couple of years ago,not to "overbuy" food,treats and drinks - not to have "too high" an expectation - and look at it as one or two roasts dinners and something (hopefully!!) to watch on the tele!! The shops are only shut for 1?2? days,and it seems the world goes mad.I decided to enjoy it but not overthink it - and its been better that way - in the past I've always had a high expectation from this "magical" season - and somewhere along the line,its not lived up.

Alone or not,eat,drink and merry in your PJ's with the DVD's!! XX

I thought you meant me for a sec :p. if people are on their own for Christmas and if you don't want to be the whole day (I know some people are very happy so please don't think I think that alone = unhappy) maybe check out the local churches. My church and my Mum's church are having a meal for people who don't wish to be alone and it is free too :)

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been on my own for a long time, but have 5 dogs and they are great company. always do a christmas dinner and treats for the dogs, take them for a walk, feed the ducks, have a few bevvies, and we all enjoy ourselves. it is a 'family' day for us, am here for them and they are for me. no distractions as far as the dogs are concerned, and in the evening there is Downton Abbey.

not ideal - a lounger by a pool in the sun would be better, but then I couldn't leave the dogs at Christmas, we have always had a fun day with lots of goodies.

I have been on my own for a long time, but have 5 dogs and they are great company. always do a christmas dinner and treats for the dogs, take them for a walk, feed the ducks, have a few bevvies, and we all enjoy ourselves. it is a 'family' day for us, am here for them and they are for me. no distractions as far as the dogs are concerned, and in the evening there is Downton Abbey.

not ideal - a lounger by a pool in the sun would be better, but then I couldn't leave the dogs at Christmas, we have always had a fun day with lots of goodies.

That Post moved me to a tear or two! I know I shouldn't feel sad, because its what you love to do. I guess it was the show of affection you have for your 'babies'
Im with you especially regarding going away to an exotic location. However, I couldn't tell you the amount of holiday invitations I have turned down because of my cat Chairman Miaow. I could never leave him long term. (more than 3 days LOL) I look at him, see sooo much unconditional love, its truly special, and our pets are wonderful for this reason xx

Latest posts

Back