order confirmation email

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

plint

Registered Shopper
Hi,
I placed an order with QVC this morning - nothing unusual there! However, what was unusual for QVC was that I received an order confirmation email with a promise of a further email when my goods are dispatched!

It's been a long time coming, but is a step in the right direction for QVC customer care, I think.

Has anyone else had one of these emails?

:):):)

Strange Email from QVC. My Parcel is coming

I have an idea someone mention receiving one of these a while back?

But QVC sent me an email entitled: Get Ready Your Parcel Is On Its Way!:eek:
I have to make room for it. WOW I never knew the full size of Ojon Rub Out Cleanser was so big!!! They didn't tell me how much room I had to make for it?:confused:

Hi,
I placed an order with QVC this morning - nothing unusual there! However, what was unusual for QVC was that I received an order confirmation email with a promise of a further email when my goods are dispatched!

It's been a long time coming, but is a step in the right direction for QVC customer care, I think.

Has anyone else had one of these emails?

:):):)

I was so surprised to receive an email this afternoon confirming my order. I agree this is definately a step in the right direction.:)

The Sit Up channels do this all the time, confirm you have got the item in question and even congratulate you on it, then follow that with a despatch Email saying it has left their warehouse. Glad QVC are doing the same apparently

Oh Dear! Whilst in principle I think this is a good idea, this does mean that it will be a little harder to hide all those goodies that one purchases without the OH knowing. It is tough enough trying to arrange the deliveries so that the OHs are not around to moan, now you also have to look out for two emails which could alert them to the fact that you have been spending:eek::eek:

Oh Dear! Whilst in principle I think this is a good idea, this does mean that it will be a little harder to hide all those goodies that one purchases without the OH knowing. It is tough enough trying to arrange the deliveries so that the OHs are not around to moan, now you also have to look out for two emails which could alert them to the fact that you have been spending:eek::eek:

Very good point, Lionesss!!:D:D:D

You've got a good point there Lioness:eek:

You need to get yourself your own e-mail account that he won't see!!!!

A big improvement!

Constructively, if QVC want to make it even better, an immediate email would be great (my order confirmation took about 40 mins to come through) and other websites do this easily enough (amazon/m and s/boots/boden etc!)

I only say this as I always check on my order history to confirm the order has gone through successfully, and before now I have ordered a ring three times as it hasn't shown up on my history only for it to appear the following day!:eek:

Not wanting to be too critical though, a great big step forward on the customer communication front and definitely a big thumbs up from me!

Yes I had confirmation emails this morning to say goods were dispatched things that I ordered Sunday night. Now that's good service.

I got an email today which is a bit of a shock as it was something I put on waitlist on Gold Day and expected it not to come into stock again. I don't order much any more as I've had to tighten my belt, but did order some Mascara from YBF and didn't get one then so knew it must be very new.

I ordered an item yesterday and checked my account today, and it's been despatched. Didn't get an email though.

Just had a phone call from CS to apologise for an erroneous email sent to me this morning. The email was meant for a lady (same surname as mine) in Doncaster confirming an item for £164 on easy pay. :11:

I'm glad I took the call before I saw the emal and I could see the funny side without the shock factor! Poor woman has 300 similar calls to make today...they're still ironing out the teething troubles!

She suggested I ring CS or check My Account if I get any other incorrect emails so I'm passing the info on - don't want anyone having any nasty surprises.

Jude xx

Just had a phone call from CS to apologise for an erroneous email sent to me this morning. The email was meant for a lady (same surname as mine) in Doncaster confirming an item for £164 on easy pay. :11:

I'm glad I took the call before I saw the emal and I could see the funny side without the shock factor! Poor woman has 300 similar calls to make today...they're still ironing out the teething troubles!

She suggested I ring CS or check My Account if I get any other incorrect emails so I'm passing the info on - don't want anyone having any nasty surprises.

Jude xx

I got this e-mail too and had to ring them up in a state of shock lol.

I got the same email too and called CS. Later I got a call from CS explaining the error with the message. I was worried that someone else would have been sent my address etc.

Latest posts

Back