how do they get away with telling so many lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

joana

Registered Shopper
I have watched sit up channels ever since they started on and off. I go through periods.
I hardly know:angry: anyone's name but it amazes me how they get away with telling so many porkies. I have not watched for about a year now, but recently I started watching it and I am absolutely amazed how people like the screechy woman on bid that is on now doing fashion can go on about those awful shoes or jacket or a badly made handbag being worth hundreds, not to mention the incredible jewellery avalanches when one of the presenters someon who claims to be a watch expert tells us that there are 300 thousand pounds worth of jewellery on the table and I DON'T MEAN THAT CREEP PETER SIMON and some silly doly girl going oh my god, fantastic as if they were having the best experience iof their lives to finally sell (allegedly) a diamond ring for 28 quid. It makes good old Del Boy on BBC1 seem a trustworthy dealer,
It is absolutely indecent and an insult to some people's inteligence, I say some people because I am positive that people believe in them otherwise they would not be still on air:angry::angry: Now I know why I don't watch it regularly. At first is amusing but then it becomes insulting

When I go to Poundland and Aldi I know that I am going to get affordable usable items that are not going to be as good quality as those in other supermarkets. If I get something from the market, again I know what I am going to get. Nothing wrong with the items from there but I go with my eyes open.

Why can't bid shopping be more open and honest with the items they sell. Why can't they say well this is no Rolex but it tells the time well and looks ok and the price is really good. Why do they make a lot of their money from people missing out on an item but still having the price of the call to pay.

Graham, can you ask bid if they would be prepared to let me come and put some of our questions to them much like some FM did with Gems?

PJ

When I go to Poundland and Aldi I know that I am going to get affordable usable items that are not going to be as good quality as those in other supermarkets. If I get something from the market, again I know what I am going to get. Nothing wrong with the items from there but I go with my eyes open.

Why can't bid shopping be more open and honest with the items they sell. Why can't they say well this is no Rolex but it tells the time well and looks ok and the price is really good. Why do they make a lot of their money from people missing out on an item but still having the price of the call to pay.

Graham, can you ask bid if they would be prepared to let me come and put some of our questions to them much like some FM did with Gems?

PJ

What a great idea . There wouldn't be an exec left standing and they would need counselling for months after we had finished with them

I wish Bid.tv was shown in the cinema. We could all get together and throw popcorn around and shout abuse collectively at the screen. A way to de-stress :D

I wish Bid.tv was shown in the cinema. We could all get together and throw popcorn around and shout abuse collectively at the screen. A way to de-stress :D
Let's face it - if they just had pleasant presenters who honestly sold good products at reasonable prices it would be extremely boring on this forum, whereas I suspect that (at least) most of us enjoy watching this slow-motion car crash as well as having a good moan about it afterwards on teh interwebz :mysmilie_14:

(Problem is of course that a few viewers are ignorant enough to be deceived by some of this rubbish and are gullible enough to be conned out of what could be precious money in exchange for expensive tat.)

That screechy woman MUST be Sally Jaxx :hi:
Yeah, has to be. 'Shouting' Sally Jaxx who 'absolutely loves' all the clothes that she sells. Up there with James Russell and Peter Simon in the most annoying stakes of the Sit Up Hard Sell pushers.

Imagine if Sally Jaxx was paired with Helen Bates...half their viewers would go deaf as a consequence :tongue2:

(Have they ever done this?!?)

Imagine if Sally Jaxx was paired with Helen Bates...half their viewers would go deaf as a consequence :tongue2:

(Have they ever done this?!?)

I would imagine a large proportion of their audience suffer from hearing loss.

I would imagine a large proportion of their audience suffer from hearing loss.
That's a good serious point in that a fair proportion of their customer base may hearing difficulties, therefore shouting might be one way of attracting their attention so as to flog them overpriced tat that they don't really need (or perhaps even want), though there's also the rationale attached to maximising the volume level in order to attract attention as is also the case with commercials on channels such as ITV1.

Somewhat devious if you really think about it because people with hearing difficulties shouldn't trust someone just because they are one of the few people they can properly comprehend when listening to them. (Also a growing proportion of younger people sadly suffer from hearing loss as well, perhaps due to listening to personal music players at too high a volume.)

That's a good serious point in that a fair proportion of their customer base may hearing difficulties, therefore shouting might be one way of attracting their attention so as to flog them overpriced tat that they don't really need (or perhaps even want), though there's also the rationale attached to maximising the volume level in order to attract attention as is also the case with commercials on channels such as ITV1.

Somewhat devious if you really think about it because people with hearing difficulties shouldn't trust someone just because they are one of the few people they can properly comprehend when listening to them. (Also a growing proportion of younger people sadly suffer from hearing loss as well, perhaps due to listening to personal music players at too high a volume.)

Totally agree with you. I have issues with the Sit-Up channels with the way they describe their 'gold' jewellery items. Because some of the presenters omit the words "plated" or "finish" after the word "gold, people with impaired vision could easily think that some of the tat could be solid gold.

Latest posts

Back