Flexi Pay Query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

krazykris

Registered Shopper
I'm pretty sure when you have finished your transaction you will see it comes out right and you will only pay the first instalment and the p&p and it will tell you when they will take your second payment.

Hi,

If you could please email details of your query along with your member number to [email protected] one of the customer services team will look into this and get back to you.

Kind regards,

The Ideal World customer services team

I hope so, I might just risk it and see what happens. It's just strange that it shows the full amount on the Visa debit screen.

I would imagine that when they are requesting authorisation from your bank, the full amount has to be authorised but only the first easy pay instalment will actually be debited. The amount to be paid will probably be reserved as funds needing to be paid although the amount will register as being on your actual balance, but not available balance.

I was thinking it may have been something like that as well, But just after confirmation for peace of mind :) I will post back their reply :)

I thought the whole idea of FlexiPay/EasyPay's was to spread the payments, QVC have always said things like if you dont have the money for the full price now, you have anotther month, wages to come in, but if IW, are asking your bank to authorise the payment, that means you will have had to have had the full amount in your bank at time to order, But that isnt how they make it come over on air.

If they authorise it all now, surely that is going back on what they say. If you have to authorise the full payment now, what is the advantage of Flexipay nothing..

Qvc have always said, the funds will be takbit/en out from your debit/credit card, and you must have the funds in.

Obviously IW, morealess take all your money instantially, and get the interest.

Another excuse of a poor channel.

Last edited:
Recived this reply today....

Dear ....,

Thank you for your recent email, my name is Steph Bali and I am a Customer Relations Officer working at the Head Office of Ideal Shopping Direct Limited.

I have had a look into this and can confirm we are not experiencing any issues with the flexipay system so far today. There are a few possibilities that could prevent the order from being completed:

1) As it is a first order, if you change the delivery address it may not be accepted due to security reasons.

2) Our flexipay system is not able to accept Maestro Debit Cards.

3) If the expiry date on the card runs out before the last instalment is due the order cannot be accepted.

I hope this email helps resolve the situation for you.

I'm still confused :/ They didn't seem to answer my question at all. Dont think I will shop with Ideal World, It just seems abit iffy

Recived this reply today....

Dear ....,

Thank you for your recent email, my name is Steph Bali and I am a Customer Relations Officer working at the Head Office of Ideal Shopping Direct Limited.

I have had a look into this and can confirm we are not experiencing any issues with the flexipay system so far today. There are a few possibilities that could prevent the order from being completed:

1) As it is a first order, if you change the delivery address it may not be accepted due to security reasons.

2) Our flexipay system is not able to accept Maestro Debit Cards.

3) If the expiry date on the card runs out before the last instalment is due the order cannot be accepted.

I hope this email helps resolve the situation for you.

I'm still confused :/ They didn't seem to answer my question at all. Dont think I will shop with Ideal World, It just seems abit iffy

Get back to them and say 'no it doesn't'

You'll probably get the exact same email again, seems a standard one

Oh dear, yet another "help" system which appears to be being manned by robots which can't read. I had a simple problem with both NEXT and Littlewoods and 6 months later, neither of my queries had been resolved save for a series of emails which really didn't make sense and just succeeded in raising my blood pressure.

Latest posts

Back