Do The People From SitUp Read these Posts? And Stuhrling watches, revisited.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

itfc1959

Registered Shopper
Just wondered, because in a roundabout sort of way I noticed that the price of some Stuhrling watches has dropped considerably. People who read my other post may remember I said that you can get Stuhrling at a much lower price direct from the States than is offered on Bid, even allowing for shipping and import duty.

Well, I've found a site that does them even cheaper, and calculates ALL the costs on your behalf, so there are no unexpected surprises when they turn up on the doorstep.

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Wa...keleton-Mechanical-Watch/4668398/product.html

*This was a public service announcement*

Maybe. I think it's more likely they're sourced directly from China. Again, as I said before, Made In China is no guarantee of Shiteness, My recently purchased Stuhrling and Thomas Earnshaws are proof positive of this: perfectly good, nice, solid watches that look interesting and (so far) seem to be doing a good job. It's about finding the best price and I would say that if you can land these at the £40-£60 mark, then you've got yourselves a decent deal.

At the risk of sounding controversial: I don't doubt these things are knocked together for pence (ok, maybe a bit more). So what. So too are Apple's products and a) nobody moans about them being built in China and b) nobody seems to mind that Apple's margins are enormous.

I think sometimes it's ok to cut these shows a bit of slack every now and again. As a cleverer man than me once said of something else, what the hell do you expect? Caveat Emptor, indeed.

(That last paragraph wasn't directed at anyone in particular. It was a rhetorical question).

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with them selling this stuff. But I do get tired of the ridiculous superlatives and hard sell employed by James Russell and Peter Simon etc etc to describe what are mediocre products.

Latest posts

Back