Low price. Why? Mistake on the box.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
I've noticed several items (over the last few years) where they show information on the items box, and there has been some spelling mistakes. This may be a reason why they have some great deals.

Ive seen "Steme" for a "steam" mop. As well as "Cancorder" for a High definition "camcorder".

The most recent on tonight, they were selling a Freeview HD box, and it said "Surrounda sound" on the box, as it is probably compatible.

If there are mistakes on the boxes, they probably can't sell them to the big retailers (or they don't want them), so they have to sell them cheap to people who do want them.

No it's because they employ cheap foreign labour who first language is not English I assume you are talking about the caption graphics on screen and not the actual boxes the products come in?

"Cancorder" = made out of cans = a Vivitar product.
"Surrounda Sound" = a chav walking round the room with a single speaker

A few nights ago Price-drop TV were having a "Jellery Avalanche", but what was interesting was the fact that Steve McDonald blamed the spelling mistake (which happened more than once so wasn't a typing error) on "a senior company executive". If this is true, and surely they would blame a junior worker instead if they had been responsible for such an error, this does suggest that nowadays all product descriptions and promotional text are personally written in advance by one or more senior Sit-up managers (unless the person normally responsible was on holiday or on sick leave).

That's certainly plausable because my first job was with a company that had a press release produced by one of the managers which in its first draft was so riddled with spelling errors few people dared to admit that there were any 'problems', but thankfully someone did eventually spot and correct the errors (just as well really). Incidentally this particular company had been doing rather well but was soon bought out by a foreign competitor before closing altogether.

Perhaps Sit-up have now made redundant any people who would normally proof-read such items or perhaps they no longer have the resources to double check such things before broadcast? And given all of the recent half-truths that have been used to sell products, this does strongly suggest that Sit-up management are directly responsible for any mis-selling as opposed to individual presenters or producers.

If they can't spell the name of the product correctly on the box then imagine what the instructions will be like?

For example;

"Place steme mop on bottom and hold the trigger uppards to sensitiv area. Then press steme power to evaporate. "

See, you could have a home vasectomy done free of charge.

No it's because they employ cheap foreign labour who first language is not English I assume you are talking about the caption graphics on screen and not the actual boxes the products come in?

No. I mean the box it comes in, like I said in my post and in the title.

- IF I was talking about the onscreen graphics, there would be HUNDREDS!! The best one being "TV Stimulator" For "TV Simulator" :p

Last edited:
A few nights ago Price-drop TV were having a "Jellery Avalanche", but what was interesting was the fact that Steve McDonald blamed the spelling mistake (which happened more than once so wasn't a typing error) on "a senior company executive". If this is true, and surely they would blame a junior worker instead if they had been responsible for such an error, this does suggest that nowadays all product descriptions and promotional text are personally written in advance by one or more senior Sit-up managers (unless the person normally responsible was on holiday or on sick leave).

That's certainly plausable because my first job was with a company that had a press release produced by one of the managers which in its first draft was so riddled with spelling errors few people dared to admit that there were any 'problems', but thankfully someone did eventually spot and correct the errors (just as well really). Incidentally this particular company had been doing rather well but was soon bought out by a foreign competitor before closing altogether.

Perhaps Sit-up have now made redundant any people who would normally proof-read such items or perhaps they no longer have the resources to double check such things before broadcast? And given all of the recent half-truths that have been used to sell products, this does strongly suggest that Sit-up management are directly responsible for any mis-selling as opposed to individual presenters or producers.

I suspect if an executive was doing then it was the annual bid shopping Christmas party and they let the staff have the night off the owners of bid are German I believe.

I suspect if an executive was doing then it was the annual bid shopping Christmas party and they let the staff have the night off the owners of bid are German I believe.

You surprise me Steve. The Germans are reknowned for being able to organise 'one of those things in a brewery.' Not a skill one would automatically associate with situps

[/B]

You surprise me Steve. The Germans are reknowned for being able to organise 'one of those things in a brewery.' Not a skill one would automatically associate with situps
The corporate Christmas party supposedly took place this Wednesday or Thursday (I think, at least it was after the "Jellery Avalanche"). I have visions of various presenters taking pictures of each other using Vivitar cameras and Peter Simon slumped in a corner wearing a party hat :smile:

The corporate Christmas party supposedly took place this Wednesday or Thursday (I think, at least it was after the "Jellery Avalanche"). I have visions of various presenters taking pictures of each other using Vivitar cameras and Peter Simon slumped in a corner wearing a party hat :smile:

And of course they all turned up wearing the 'fashion' items they have been trying to flog all year.

I bet they were giving each other the resin Peter Simon's 10th Anniversary Dildo Holder Statue.

p.HO115784.mp.aa.jpg

Latest posts

Back