Ideal World is God's Gift to the World!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

HoodedClaw

Guest Shopper
Apparently, some people are under the impression that I'm an evil-minded bitch who likes nothing better than being unnecessarily insulting to IW presenters.

And they are 100% correct. :thinking:

ANYWAY, as it's the season of goodwill to all men and even Martyn Parker, (I AM OK saying that, aren't I? Or is he part of some minority group that I don't know about and is unable to be seen as less than perfect?), I thought it would be a great idea to list what you LIKE about IW.

It could be presenters! It could be models! It could even (Lord help me) be products! But no using this thread as a means of slating the station - this is just for sharing what you enjoy watching IW for.

So to start us off, I have to say that what I like about IW is the wonderful Loen Love. The woman is a joy to watch - she may not be slick but that's all part of her charm. And she doesn't take herself seriously at all. I just wish she wouldn't dress so frumpy - she's only a year or two older than me, and she looks like my mum :sad:

Well you are not on your own HC as I too tend to have a go at the Ideal World presenters but it is all based on fact and IW should realise that a number of their presenters are unbelievably irritating and false.
But there are plus points to IW,not many but there are some and these are Simon Isles who doesn't play to the cameras and who doesn't use dodgy sales tactics and doesn't constantly use the word "ABSOLUTLEY" and Paul Brodel who seems a genuine type of chap.
As for products Greased Lightning Showroom Shine,the Philips Airfryer and the Bissel carpet cleaners are items worth buying.

Me and Mrs H would tune in more often if only they would get rid of Ellis Ward.............:mysmilie_59:

Hmmm - the things I like about Ideal World? .........

I'll have to come back to you on that - the cat wants to go out!

Ah! Loen, she is fab. I like to watch her too and sometimes she just so reminds me of Judy Garland.
Can't really picture Loen Love in Ruby slippers saying "Oban I've got a feeling we are not in Kansas anymore".........:cheeky:

Cannot really see any kind of resemblence there Loveinamist,it's a bit like comparing Vera Duckworth with Marilyn Monroe......:thinking:

Loen's my favourite! She has me laughing out loud sometimes oh and Howard too! Howard's a legend! It's a total cheesefest ~ I love it!

The best presenter? Loen wins hands down in my book.

The best product? Black Magic paint ...... it does exactly what it says on the tin.

I think Loen Love needs to concentrate on doing some research on the product that she is presenting rather than constantly acting the fool.
I mean would you really buy any product that she is presenting.......Not a chance in our house!

The only time I watch Ideal World is when Loen is presenting - I think she's hilarious! :clapping:

I think Loen Love needs to concentrate on doing some research on the product that she is presenting rather than constantly acting the fool.
I mean would you really buy any product that she is presenting.......Not a chance in our house!

Touche! Loen may be a very nice person, but imo never in this life would she get a job as presenter anywhere other than IW.
Nine times out of ten she has no idea what she is talking about,or indeed what she is going to say next. I know for sure I wouldn't pay her in buttons... She was funny to start with,now I just switch her off.. I switched the fashion on yesterday and she had something on her head that made her look like a bag lady....

:redface:

Do you live for that too? :biggrin:

I think it depends on how I'm feeling when you ask - at times I think "PHWOAR! Gerremoff!" and seeing him doing naked star jumps would be rather interesting. :thinking:

But at other times I think "You're a smug personage who loves (sorry) yourself far too much" and I have no interest whatsoever.

Touche! Loen may be a very nice person, but imo never in this life would she get a job as presenter anywhere other than IW.
Nine times out of ten she has no idea what she is talking about,or indeed what she is going to say next. I know for sure I wouldn't pay her in buttons... She was funny to start with,now I just switch her off.. I switched the fashion on yesterday and she had something on her head that made her look like a bag lady....

To be fair, that's IW's "fashion" for you.

And was she wearing a poloponcho? Or maybe Lynne and Sheila's famed "wedding outfit hat" that they use when "modelling" various outfits? :thinking:

Latest posts

Back