****** Tanzinite!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
I've seen people complain on the bid tv page on facebook, but not as much as this evening! - ALL about tanzanite. I didn't used to mind it, now I don't want to see any more in my life. Below are some of the comments/ complaints posted about tanzinute on the bid tv page :)

"how can a blue gemstone be festive? I am so sick of hearing about tanzanite, I could write a ****** book on it and I'd never heard of it before bid got it in"

"So fed up this weekend, with tanzanite. And more to come on Bid. We had over two hours already since 1830."

"Does anybody at BID read these posts at how much everyone complains about tanzanite and everyone saying the same thing over and over? "

"And now............................guess what......................another night of ****** Tanzanite!!!!! and although I love James Russell he does go on and on and on and on.......on........on........."

"Really cannot suffer another night of James and his endless knowledge of tanzanite."

"bid, please tell me that the dreaded Tanzanite clearance will be finished tonight, I'm bored to ****** tears with it."

"I should think that mine is now empty!!"

"It is clear from the posts on here that us the customers who are willing to spend money are sick of and bored with Tanzanite so come on Bid give us a break and let's have something other than the endless amounts of Tanzanite from a mine that must be almost empty after this weekend!"

"James is saying no other shops have Tanzanite? well flipping argos have it! in fact they have some of the same jewellery bid have been selling but cheaper and no silly p&p He must think people are idiots"

"Before I gave up and turned off he said 'go and look for Tanzanite on the high street'. I never ever want to see Tanzanite again let alone going to look for it!"

"o shut up bout tanzanite"

"iv changed channel yawn"

"Why doesnt anyone on bid listen to the posts the customers want somethin other than tanzanite!!!"

"The mines under the studio, must be!"

And that isn't all of them! :D I think this shows how many people are gettingannoyed with bid now! :L To be honest, that's all they have been doing in the evenings on bid for the past 3/4 weeks! Non stop jewellery from 6:30pm-2am today aswell. I'm sure tomorrow will be the same.

UPDATE!! Tomorrow they have 13 more pieces of tanzanite between 10-2 am :/

Last edited:
With the amount of Tanzanite they've been selling recently, the mines will be emptied by the SitUp channels before the end of the year. :thinking: It makes me wonder what the quality of the stones is that they're selling, when it's apparently such an 'elite' gemstone.

And I agree with some of the comments you posted from Facebook. It's Tanzanite ad nauseum ...... yawn ....... yawn!

Do they delete the negative feedback? We should be thankful that Auction World never got their hands on Tanzanite.

PJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen people complain on the bid tv page on facebook, but not as much as this evening! - ALL about tanzanite. I didn't used to mind it, now I don't want to see any more in my life. Below are some of the comments/ complaints posted about tanzinute on the bid tv page :)

"how can a blue gemstone be festive? I am so sick of hearing about tanzanite, I could write a ****** book on it and I'd never heard of it before bid got it in"

"So fed up this weekend, with tanzanite. And more to come on Bid. We had over two hours already since 1830."

"Does anybody at BID read these posts at how much everyone complains about tanzanite and everyone saying the same thing over and over? "

"And now............................guess what......................another night of ****** Tanzanite!!!!! and although I love James Russell he does go on and on and on and on.......on........on........."

"Really cannot suffer another night of James and his endless knowledge of tanzanite."

"bid, please tell me that the dreaded Tanzanite clearance will be finished tonight, I'm bored to ****** tears with it."

"I should think that mine is now empty!!"

"It is clear from the posts on here that us the customers who are willing to spend money are sick of and bored with Tanzanite so come on Bid give us a break and let's have something other than the endless amounts of Tanzanite from a mine that must be almost empty after this weekend!"

"James is saying no other shops have Tanzanite? well flipping argos have it! in fact they have some of the same jewellery bid have been selling but cheaper and no silly p&p He must think people are idiots"

"Before I gave up and turned off he said 'go and look for Tanzanite on the high street'. I never ever want to see Tanzanite again let alone going to look for it!"

"o shut up bout tanzanite"

"iv changed channel yawn"

"Why doesnt anyone on bid listen to the posts the customers want somethin other than tanzanite!!!"

"The mines under the studio, must be!"

And that isn't all of them! :D I think this shows how many people are gettingannoyed with bid now! :L To be honest, that's all they have been doing in the evenings on bid for the past 3/4 weeks! Non stop jewellery from 6:30pm-2am today aswell. I'm sure tomorrow will be the same.

UPDATE!! Tomorrow they have 13 more pieces of tanzanite between 10-2 am :/

I'm pleased to see its not just a few of us on here getting bored of endless jewellery and tanzanite in particular, I think its a nice gemstone but 3 hours is overkill and now here comes a load more, I've switched off for the night now i've heard enough

Some of those tomorrow we were told the other day by Peter Simon that this was the last chance to get it, You won't see it again on this channel, We just can't get it

If bid shopping are reading this please can we go back to the good old days when it was more relaxed, I don't like the themed hours, nights, weeks, months and with jewellery it seems years, I used to like the variety and randomness 1 minute they could be selling tanzanite, ok i'm only joking diamonds then, Then next they could have some toys, then bedding, then solar lights, then some candles, then a hifi and that was fun

They key thing for me is lets stop the lies, saying things should be costing us £3,000 and we should expect to pay that for an item that has a start price of £640 is unacceptable as just 1 example, Don't treat us like idiots, We know at the moment that 98% of what were told is false, The entertainment of the channels has all but gone but for some reason we keep watching (but not buying) because its so bad it has some force we can not see that compels us to watch

Get rid of the gold finish tat and start selling decent quality items again which don't need lies to sell themselves

Stop telling us nearly every item is a loss to you and a better buy to us at ome

Id like some new idents that don't involve people putting on silly smiles all the time, No matter how many times I saw the old bid triangles doing different things did I get bored of them

Onto the music lets have some variety please, When they introduced the current music it was nice but its used for every item now and is just annoying, I heard the actual bid tune a few weeks back on 1 product and thought I was hearing things

Last edited:
I've turned off now too, it's unbearable to the point of irritating.

Surely it would make better sense to have a VARIETY of products instead of one fricken gemstone!

I'm going to build a tanzanite maiden (like the iron variety) and close the ****** door. At least I will die happily knowing I was impaled with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA grade Tanzanite that is so ****** rare. Gargh! Look at what the power of Tanzanite has turned me into. I was a gentle person once ~ Bid.tv has corrupted my fragile mind :(

for the love of god, they are at it again right now. Peter Simon and his 'How Tanzanite' came about diatribe.

Will someone please make the pain stop?:confused:

They don't mention if the stuff they're flogging is certificated, do they?

My understanding is that anyone can call a tanzanite off-cut AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA grade if they so wish, but you need to have it checked and officially certificated as such if you want to flog it.

Other channels have made a BIG deal about their tanzanite being checked out and certificated as AA or AAA grade, yet Bid don't seem to mention this - I wonder why? :thinking:

And again; if this stuff is SO fantabulous that the mine is buying tanzanite back, WHY isn't Bid saving this for 20 or 30 years down the line when there's no more of this stuff to mine?

Do they delete the negative feedback? We should be thankful that Auction World never got their hands on Tanzanite.

PJ.

They generally will keep feedback like that. The last time they had loads of bad feedback. - There as a £10 deal, and the '0904 251 2000' number came on the screen, BUT the number was wrong, and should have been different. (So the wrong number went on the screen). BUT they all went! :L There must have been 50 complaints, so in the end they gave people a £5 voucher if they rang up! xD

They don't mention if the stuff they're flogging is certificated, do they?

My understanding is that anyone can call a tanzanite off-cut AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA grade if they so wish, but you need to have it checked and officially certificated as such if you want to flog it.

Other channels have made a BIG deal about their tanzanite being checked out and certificated as AA or AAA grade, yet Bid don't seem to mention this - I wonder why? :thinking:

And again; if this stuff is SO fantabulous that the mine is buying tanzanite back, WHY isn't Bid saving this for 20 or 30 years down the line when there's no more of this stuff to mine?

There is no need for Bid.tv to certify their Tanzanite because the mine is under the studio. Sally Jaxx is currently on mining shift in her panda one piece suit (it looks like a brown bear now).

Paul Becque and Marina referenced the facebook comments about Tanzanite on the show last night. Basically Marina said about how they had been getting lots of messages on their Facebook page asking when they will be getting the Panda Suits back (they were selling them in the show, this despite Sally Jaxx claiming that when she sold them she was 'selling the last in the business and you wont see them again'), they then mentioned about all the comments about Tanzanite, and with tongue planted firmly in cheek said 'we know how much you all love the Tanzanite'.

AA grade tanzanite is ten a penny so unlikely to be certificated. It's only going to be the higher quality stones in decent sizes that will be worthy of certification, and you aint gonna find them on Bid!

AA grade tanzanite is ten a penny so unlikely to be certificated. It's only going to be the higher quality stones in decent sizes that will be worthy of certification, and you aint gonna find them on Bid!

A few nights ago Peter Simon said AA grade was 1% of the entire stock in the whole wide universe. Infact, it's AAA grade and higher that is less than 1%.

Anyone noticed that the Tanzanite rings cannot be resized? On the web it gives this description but on the telly I have never once seen them mention that. :cheeky:

By the way, has anyone from here bought one of Bid's tanzanite pieces? I'd be interested to see if anyone would be willing to get a valuation done - there have been instances of tanzanite being 'coated' (improves the colour/adds more wonga to the price).

Can't they just have the history of the gem on the red button and just get on with selling it?

PJ

I'm waiting for Bid.tv to fly a tribe in from Africa who are the descendants of those who originally found Tanzanite... the chief of tribe will not be happy though as he'll have to hear James Russell ranting on and that Sit-up are soley responsible for their being no Tanzanite left in Africa - so they'll probably put JR into a big cooking pot live on air. Add in a bit of Peter Simon snot and they'll make their version of Sherpards GIA certified Pie! :clapping:

I'm waiting for Bid.tv to fly a tribe in from Africa who are the descendants of those who originally found Tanzanite... the chief of tribe will not be happy though as he'll have to hear James Russell ranting on and that Sit-up are soley responsible for their being no Tanzanite left in Africa - so they'll probably put JR into a big cooking pot live on air. Add in a bit of Peter Simon snot and they'll make their version of Sherpards GIA certified Pie! :clapping:

Behind-the-scenes chaos with a producer shouting: "Don't show them the Masai figurines, and whatever you do, don't tell them how much we sold them for!!!!!!" :tongue:

Anyone noticed that the Tanzanite rings cannot be resized? On the web it gives this description but on the telly I have never once seen them mention that. :cheeky:

I think they should have to mention that to be honest! It's quite bad if none can be resized, as quite obviously everybody isn't a size P :L

Latest posts

Back