Recorded Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
This afternoon Bid had an hour of recorded sales with Nicola George while the main presenters had a break.... didn't they get told off by ofcom for doing recorded auctions?

All bid is pre recorded tonight will ofcom allow them to get away with this? Are things so bad they have no live sales on any of the three channels? It's Christmas night most people will be in tonight perhaps trying out channels on their new freeview box are they shooting themselves in the foot?

It's probably down to lack of viewers and sales that it isn't really worth it for these channels.

I mean, if everyone has splurged their benefits, pensions and Vanquis credit cards in the weeks running up to Christmas, there is probably nothing left to splurge on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

I thought the problem before was when it was recorded but it said live on the graphics. At they doing that today?

PJ

No, Ofcom said t's fine, as long as they don't have a 'live' sign on the screen :) - Remember they have to get a producer, camera operators, director, floor manager and presenter just to have 1 channel on. - They were live for a while today though.

Remember, it's easier for channels like QVC/ IW to do repeats.

I'm sure I saw "LIVE EVENT" earlier today displayed on what superfically looked like a prerecorded auction but this had gone when Nicola George was selling the same 3 or so products on Bid in an obviously prerecorded loop this evening. Price-drop had an 'informercial' for a car scratch removal pen with "Bid Shopping" displayed in the top-left corner of the screen.

The question is if these recordings prove just as profitable what is to stop them doing them more and more and having them on during quiet parts of the day I cannot watch them because part of watching the channels is knowing the presenter is there talking to you live like having a friend talking to you through you tv.

I suspect this will become a more prominent feature in order to save on crew, ie have a presenter on for a few hours then let the crew go off for an hour for a break this will save on having to get someone to cover for an hour. You can see the way the company is depserately trying to save money.

I think be this time next year things will be very different maybe they will have recordings on all night instead of teleshopping. My thoughts is they will have recordings on Speed Auction until 4pm everday and it will go live for just 8 hours.

Price Drop to have recordings from midnight to midday. You can obviously reuse the recordings over and over again if you have the product quantity.

I cannot watch them because part of watching the channels is knowing the presenter is there talking to you live like having a friend talking to you through you tv.

I really hope you're joking there Steve: I wouldn't say relying on shopping telly to provide companionship is a healthy way to live :wonder:

Oooooooh, fancy! :clapping:

You young 'uns and your new-fangled slang.

Nicola George on a loop, oh christ :sad:

I feel your pain. She is just awful to watch and her ranting and raving could possibly lead to insanity. I even tried (believe me, this was VERY hard!) to imagine I was having a relationship and the possibilities of living with someone like that ~ always ended up in the Library with the candlestick holder :grin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back