Mulberry Silk Duvet advice for a diabetic user

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Ok. I'm really tempted to buy one of these duvet sets (probably the double version) because I suffer from diabetes and my body doesn't like heavy duvets (10/13.5 tog), particularly my feet.

The presenters keep going on how light these are duvets and how warm they keep you despite their light-weightedness. I would like opinions on users who have bought this product, and especially if the presenter's claims are correct and live up to the hype. I want it to keep me warm and are a bit dubious about their claims.

Personally, I think they seem overpriced for what they are and going to see at midnight or tomorrow if this product is going to be discounted by the channel.

Thank-you!

http://www.idealworld.tv/100_per_cent_Mulberry_Silk_Double_Duvet__with_10_Year_Warranty_187686.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=mulberry

187686_DETAIL___20110819.jpg

Last edited:
I only ever use a duvet when the weather goes REALLY cold, so I don't know why I'm commenting on this?

Ok. I'm really tempted to buy one of these duvet sets (probably the double version) because I suffer from diabetes and my body doesn't like heavy duvets (10/13.5 tog), particularly my feet.

The presenters keep going on how light these are duvets and how warm they keep you despite their light-weightedness. I would like opinions on users who have bought this product, and especially if the presenter's claims are correct and live up to the hype. I want it to keep me warm and are a bit dubious about their claims.

Personally, I think they seem overpriced for what they are and going to see at midnight or tomorrow if this product is going to be discounted by the channel.

Thank-you!

http://www.idealworld.tv/100_per_cent_Mulberry_Silk_Double_Duvet__with_10_Year_Warranty_187686.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=mulberry

187686_DETAIL___20110819.jpg

Have a read of some of the reviews. It seems that it's ok if the weather is not too cold but for really chilly nights, it isn't enough to keep you warm on its own. Depends on the individual how warm you are/want to be.

In my case, I like a good bit of weight on me (shut it HC :cheeky:), this would be far too thin

Moi, Mommabear?

With a comment like that it's a certain Battenberg-loving vixen you need to be worrying about, not me!

After all, you won't get much heavier.

Except for Andy's moobs, possibly... :giggle:

*cough*

Anyway, back to the Mulberry Silk Duvet - I'd be interested to know what they are like as well.

Not as intriguing as having Andy Love on top of you on a cold winter's night, eh Momma? :wink:

I've got a mulberry silk duvet (not bought from Ideal World, you can get the same make cheaper elsewhere). I love it in Spring, Summer and Autumn as it's so light, but to be honest, even though I don't like being too warm, I have to switch to down for the winter months. I don't really find the down that much heavier than the silk by the way. as long is it is pure down with no feather included. HTH.

Latest posts

Back