When Peter Simon was young, sexy and a teen pin-up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
378075_121636037954890_100003254831645_118290_1193174267_n.jpg

Well it got my loins stirring! :ninja:

How old is that magazine? (Perhaps 1989 or 1990 judging solely from the Childline reference, which would make his age about 40 at the time.)

Compared to that photo he's still recognisable as Peter Simon but he has changed over the last twenty-odd years. Perhaps it's the stress of continually selling "unbelieveable bargains" for less than cost price? :wink:

40? He looks as if he is in 20's. It's a shame when age catches you up, especially if you looked younger than you actually are in years gone by.

At least Peter doesn't try to look younger now like the character Dirk Bogart played in 'A Death in Venice'.

Both Sit-up and Wikipedia (unreliable I know!) says that Peter Simon started his TV career at the age of 12 as a presenter of Junior Showtime which ran from 1969 to 1974. For the sake of convenience let's assume that he was 12 years old in 1972, therefore he would have been 32 when Run the Risk started in 1992 (always thought that he was at least in his mid-30s when he did that), and 52 today. Perhaps not as old as my guess of 60 (he makes himself out to be ancient just to sell products!) but more like fiftysomething than fortysomething; his age is most likely to be in the range of 50 to 55.

Oh, and Prof Brian Cox may be in his forties but he doesn't look that much older than Peter Simon does in that picture :wink:

And anyway, a mag called "Peter Simon Says" would these days include the words:

Delicious
Betty
Ooooh
This is a better buy for you at home
We wanted more for this

DON'T look that pic in the eyes for too long BTW; it may start eating your soul otherwise!

Both Sit-up and Wikipedia (unreliable I know!) says that Peter Simon started his TV career at the age of 12 as a presenter of Junior Showtime which ran from 1969 to 1974. For the sake of convenience let's assume that he was 12 years old in 1972, therefore he would have been 32 when Run the Risk started in 1992 (always thought that he was at least in his mid-30s when he did that), and 52 today. Perhaps not as old as my guess of 60 (he makes himself out to be ancient just to sell products!) but more like fiftysomething than fortysomething; his age is most likely to be in the range of 50 to 55.

Oh, and Prof Brian Cox may be in his forties but he doesn't look that much older than Peter Simon does in that picture :wink:

Peter Simon is the same age as my husband. They were both born in 1948, which makes my husband 64 in this coming May

Latest posts

Back