Marina Berry: What's the Point?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

HoodedClaw

Guest Shopper
Marina Berry's on with James Russell doing price slide on January clearance. But he may as well be on by himself: all she's doing is say "yep, yes. Um, yes" to anything he says.

She doesn't have anything factual to add: James got the carat weight wrong on a tanzanite ring; did Marina correct him? Nope, she just agreed and looked completely unprepared when he admitted his mistake and corrected himself.

So, what's the point of her being there, unless it IS just to look sexy in a tight-fitting dress. Which is fair enough, but the last time I checked it was 2012 and not 1972. :taphead:

Her dad is Colin Berry announcer at the BBC and newsreader on radio 2 and major league friend of Peter Simon, so she had got herself into Bid via Peter Simon he has known here most of her life. A case of it's who you know.

Ooooh, the GLAMOUR.

I wish I knew beautiful people in showbiz like Ms Berry :thinking:

She is totally superfluous along with all the other 'dolly birds' that sit there and look gormless :cheeky:

She is there to distract males and some women from noticing the rip of P&P and phone call ;-)

PJ

It's the TV retail equivalent of the dolly birds who parade the 'Round One' boards on the WWE events or similar tacky 'spectacles'.

I wouldn't mind so much if they put a few hunky young guys on there to balance it up. I nominate BennyXP! :movie:

It's the TV retail equivalent of the dolly birds who parade the 'Round One' boards on the WWE events or similar tacky 'spectacles'.

I wouldn't mind so much if they put a few hunky young guys on there to balance it up. I nominate BennyXP! :movie:

You will give them ideas and they will have James Russell and Peter Simon in skimpy outfits :sad:

You will give them ideas and they will have James Russell and Peter Simon in skimpy outfits :sad:

URGH!! :puke:

Do men REALLY not mind paying stoopid amounts of P&P just because some bint's sitting there like an escapee from a sub-rate adult channel? I'm glad I'm gay, then!

And Greg: Bennyxspot aside (obviously), can you imagine the kind of guys Bid would get on to "balance the scales"?

The sort of guys you'd need about 5 pairs of Stella goggles for!

I think people are being a tad unfair to Marina Berry. I do genuinely think she is a very attractive woman with a nice outgoing bubbly personality. But Marina's talent is being wasted doing the Sit-ups. Should should be presenting/hosting bigger shows perhaps on Channel 5. For me she stands out by far to everyone else on the Sit-up network. I hope she goes onto bigger and better things in her career.

OMG! I didn't know she was on that. Not her best moment on TV, sadly. I'm sure Marina will have other opportunities! :rock:

Her dad is Colin Berry announcer at the BBC and newsreader on radio 2 and major league friend of Peter Simon, so she had got herself into Bid via Peter Simon he has known here most of her life. A case of it's who you know.
She's always been 'Daddy's Little Girl' who gets by on his connections (her work for Radio 2 is another thing she got purely down to him), her good looks, short skirts and showing plenty of cleavage.

She is totally superfluous along with all the other 'dolly birds' that sit there and look gormless :cheeky:
Absolutely, that's why I'd much rather see a Lisa Celisse or a Lucinda Grossmith (girls with personality, charisma, ability to think on their feet, quick wit etc) than the Marina's, Helen Bates, Gemma Smallpages, Jules Sowas (even though I do quite fancy Jules) of the channels.

Well, QVC's Julia Roberts once performed on some Eurovision show, as well as doing a load of other 'dolly bird' parts, and look where she is now - the Queen of Shopping Telly :rock:

Latest posts

Back