Sit Up Network Customer Services based abroad??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
I was reading the Bid Facebook page and it seems that Customer Services is based abroad? That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that issues especially concerning delivery or non-delivery of orders will be dealt with properly. The number of complaints that are appearing seem to confirm this. If this is the case, my spending on this network will be restricted to low value items only on the website or on Ebay (where buyers are protected by Ebays own policies).

Anyone else had problems with their CS? :clock:

I was reading the Bid Facebook page and it seems that Customer Services is based abroad? That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that issues especially concerning delivery or non-delivery of orders will be dealt with properly. The number of complaints that are appearing seem to confirm this. If this is the case, my spending on this network will be restricted to low value items only on the website or on Ebay (where buyers are protected by Ebays own policies).

Anyone else had problems with their CS? :clock:

yep, they are based abroad in a far eastern country (sure it's Indonesia). Cris St Valery once mentioned that fact. He referred to them as telephone 'executives' :grin:

When Bid up first started they were based in UK think it must have been after the German takeover but if it saves money i suppose they have to do it

I had the 'pleasure' of talking to their offshore call centre. Had to repeat everything several times and one order took 20 minutes inlcluding my address which I had to repeat again about five minutes after the first time I said it. Very annoying. I used to train an offshore call centre in my old job and they were nice people but never ever thought they were wrong. I think companies use them not only to save money but to put people off calling in the first place.

PJ

But they're not as "cheap" as they seem: if people get shoddy service, they shop elsewhere so having CS staff who can't speak English very well can cut into profits in the long run.

Also, companies have found that the growth of economies in the far east means that costs have been going up; again eating into profits. There has been talk of some businesses (such as BT) returning their call centres to the UK because costs are fairly equivalent now and because they've lost customers to Sky and others who have maintained UK based call centres/customer service staff.

Customer Services is based abroad?

Without even researching, I would be happy to wager a bet that says over 50% of British companies outsource customer service to Asia. If you complain hard enough, you'll get to talk to someone in the UK.

If you're going to look for worrying signs when buying from a 'bid shopping' channel; there's many more of them, most of which are a whole lot easier to find.

I always found the customer service from here to be very bad, Like above you had to constantly repeat things, You would be told something completely different to what you want to know, They would mishear the numbers you were saying, that is incorrect, A few times with megadrops I was told that no way would they sell a for example a medium sized gemstone globe for £1 so if I wanted it it would be £354.99 + p&p is that ok with you, erm no thanks, This was when megadrops were not dropped to £1 in time because the idiots were not ready in the control room to plunge it once they had done the megadrop explosion, changed the screens in the studio and had the presenters going mad (that last 1 is not a rare event though is it)

I even had 1 women say are your Mrs x No i'm not, Yes, oh well Mrs X, I'm not Mrs X, Oh you sound like a woman to me :O Thanks for insulting me

They always sounded Indian to me

Finally they would always say someone would call back in x time and they never did, that was most annoying because when you rang up again you would have to tell some other person the whole thing again multiple times and be promised a call back from a manager and it never happened

Truly shocking service and 1 reason why I only ever phoned up if the website was playing up or there was no other way I could get the item

But they're not as "cheap" as they seem: if people get shoddy service, they shop elsewhere so having CS staff who can't speak English very well can cut into profits in the long run.

Spot on! The problem with many companies is they never look at the TCO, just immediate savings!

Outsourcing call centres abroad is never a good idea when all things are factored in!

Latest posts

Back