Crisp & bake Halogen Oven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Fluffwump

Registered Shopper
I have been wondering about buying this, however they never seem to really go into how you clean it, can you take the glass bowl out and soak it in the sink like with normal halogen ovens, and if you have one would you recommend it?

I smell a rat regarding this product. If you look at the online reviews you can see they were pretty bad, then suddenly a few 5 stars reviews popped up to raise the score to 3. something. Needless to say one of these 5 star reviews was read out on air (how the purchaser was so delighted they got rid of their old halogen oven and their actifry!). I think the 5 star reviews are planted when a product isn't doing well, it's got loads of 1 star reviews so personally I'd give it a very wide berth.

I have it and so far have been pleased.
Because of the rotating mechanism the large glass bowl has a hole in the centre bottom, you have to add your spoon of oil in a separate basin and then tip into the C & B, up to now I've only needed to wipe it out and not dunk it (except for when it arrived of course).

Hmm thanks for your replies, I think I will wait a while, it sounded good, but seems to have limited use as my halogen oven collects fat in the bottom a lot the way I use it, so the hole in the bottom sounds like a problem, I did wonder why they were cooking sausages on a tray, and I think this explains it, which the negates the fat reducing benefits,i.e. lower fat chips but higher fat meats and sausages, also I was so not convinced by the idea of cooking steak in it, it looked like a way to ruin a good steak.
Thanks again

Hmm thanks for your replies, I think I will wait a while, it sounded good, but seems to have limited use as my halogen oven collects fat in the bottom a lot the way I use it, so the hole in the bottom sounds like a problem, I did wonder why they were cooking sausages on a tray, and I think this explains it, which the negates the fat reducing benefits,i.e. lower fat chips but higher fat meats and sausages, also I was so not convinced by the idea of cooking steak in it, it looked like a way to ruin a good steak.
Thanks again

They have quite a big footprint by the looks of it,but if you have space on your kitchen worktop that will allow for something that has the same circumference as a Ford Transit van tyre then you should be ok but be warned as internet reviews for this product have been negative overall.
Why not try the Phillips Airfryer,an excellent product that does things that the Halogen and Actifry cannot do..........:happy:

I smell a rat regarding this product. If you look at the online reviews you can see they were pretty bad, then suddenly a few 5 stars reviews popped up to raise the score to 3. something. Needless to say one of these 5 star reviews was read out on air (how the purchaser was so delighted they got rid of their old halogen oven and their actifry!). I think the 5 star reviews are planted when a product isn't doing well, it's got loads of 1 star reviews so personally I'd give it a very wide berth.

I went to read the reviews of which there are four pages but you can only read Page 1 with all five stars, very fishy

Yes, I saw this too. Looks very suspect. Why do they bother do have customers reviews if they are going to cheat and put it in fake ones to 'big up' a failing/poor product???

It's very underhanded and fraudulent, in my opinion.

Ah, the shenanigans of TV shopping channel selling. :angry:

I went to read the reviews of which there are four pages but you can only read Page 1 with all five stars, very fishy
There are a lot of products with pages like that. I right click and view the source in html. HTH.

I have an ordinary Halogen Oven and a Philips Airfryer. I would recommend both. Tefal Actifry a brilliant piece of kit but not very robust, I have had three and they all failed within 3 months. If they fix the lid problem I would defo buy again.

They have quite a big footprint by the looks of it,but if you have space on your kitchen worktop that will allow for something that has the same circumference as a Ford Transit van tyre then you should be ok but be warned as internet reviews for this product have been negative overall.
Why not try the Phillips Airfryer,an excellent product that does things that the Halogen and Actifry cannot do..........:happy:

I have a Philips Airfryer and a Halogen Oven - what can the AirFryer do that the Haolgen can't?

I LOVE my normal halogen oven but it only cost my £30.00 from Amazon.
It came with all of the accessories that come with the I.W one.
I use it every day most days twice.
It is great for NO FAT cooking and as I have just joined Weight Watchers it is a godsend.
I also take the lid of and use it on top of my wok/frying pan to brown the top of fritartre. and cook bacon really quickly and crispy.
And almost more importantly than all of that is the fact that it is SAVING me money every time I use it.

Well after singing it's praises it's now gone pop, have been in touch with IW via email and the makers, awaiting communication for either, purchased on 16th Dec so it's under a year old.

Well after singing it's praises it's now gone pop, have been in touch with IW via email and the makers, awaiting communication for either, purchased on 16th Dec so it's under a year old.

As it's under a year old I'd expect the to swap it with a new one.

Thanks Alan,

It's looking like that is going to happen, nothing back from IW but the makers have emailed me back, they need the cable (plug removed) silver label and the receipt I think it was, will sort that for getting in the post on Monday, it isn't half a relief they don't want the whole thing back.

Thanks Alan,

It's looking like that is going to happen, nothing back from IW but the makers have emailed me back, they need the cable (plug removed) silver label and the receipt I think it was, will sort that for getting in the post on Monday, it isn't half a relief they don't want the whole thing back.

Glad they can sort it out so easily - certainly better than having to return the while thing!

Latest posts

Back