HP Desktop PC.....What's the reason?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

Horatio

Guest Shopper
I see that the forward looking futuristic guy's at Ideal World are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel by selling reconditioned tower style desktop PC's............:dull:
Why are they doing this when their presenters have stated in the recent past when showing laptops that old style desktop PC's with towers are a thing of the past and you should not invest in one because they are bulky and have masses of wires and will be obsolete in the very near future.
So now it is ok not to just buy one of these relics of the past but to also buy it as a reconditioned model with an outdated operating system in Windows XP.

They will be selling VHS video recorders next...........:mysmilie_865:

No no Betamax surely?

As for the towers, I thought I was seeing things when I spotted that the other night
977831.gif

New for Spring 2012 on IW: Sinclair C5 electric cars; bakelite wirelesses, mangles and attractive gas mantle lighting for the home; magic lantern shows (the kids will be spellbound!);and crinolines, togas plus doublets and hose for the guys in Friday fashion.

It's ALL to look forward to! :clapping:

They were £179.99 :p

?!?

Are IW trying to go bust? You can buy reconditioned PCs from local papers for FAR less if that's what you're after.

But shoving XP on is hardly a justification for a £180 price tag.

i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this compared to qvc selling apple products ok only had the one show but still makes IW look more like a market stall than it already did who seriously would buy one? and it does make a mockery of the presenters cos you can't say towers are big and bulky and try and put people off then start flogging them

?!?

Are IW trying to go bust? You can buy reconditioned PCs from local papers for FAR less if that's what you're after.

It does make you wonder doesn't it?!! I would love to know who their perceived market it for these reconditioned systems! QVC sell overpriced Apple, IW sell overpriced reconditioned archaic systems!!

?!?

Unless the PCs themselves are licensed for XP with an OEM sticker on the box then what they are doing is illegal! Comet were selling 'Recovery' CDs with XP and Microsoft are taking them to court! I hope they've not done the same!

Unless the PCs themselves are licensed for XP with an OEM sticker on the box then what they are doing is illegal! Comet were selling 'Recovery' CDs with XP and Microsoft are taking them to court! I hope they've not done the same!

I never thought of that! Ooops... :wonder:

On cosumer choice tonight they are flogging a refurbished HP laptop 2Gigs of Ram, and 80Gig hardrive for £229.99, they have recently shown brand new laptops for £299.99 or £399.99, i didnt even realise they made laptops with 80GB of hard drive, its funny that all these refurbished pc's laptops all have same stuff,

On cosumer choice tonight they are flogging a refurbished HP laptop 2Gigs of Ram, and 80Gig hardrive for £229.99, they have recently shown brand new laptops for £299.99 or £399.99, i didnt even realise they made laptops with 80GB of hard drive, its funny that all these refurbished pc's laptops all have same stuff,

Probably why when Martin presented them tonight he compared it to having to buy a £600/£700 laptop conveniently forgetting the laptops they were selling last week. I think it's like IW meets Ebay meets Delboy.:tongue:

No they didnt mention skype, i noticed theyve changed the skype advert they use though, its no longer, somebody in timbucktoo or whatever, they now show one of there procducers talking about it, and you see her mum and dad, sat there in new zealand, and she gets shown a picture of drawing one of her nieces has drawn, and she talks, about her nephews and nieces, not seeing her as some strange aunt?

I really need to get out dont i !!!!!!

Windows XP?? It's been replaced twice since it came out!

And Windows 8 is in late development due out later this year so XP is truly out of fashion. IIRC that comes with Internet Exporer 6 which is now no longer being supported by Microsoft. Okay you can get IE 8 (IE9 which I love btw speaking as a Firefox fan is Vista/7 only). Just don't understand IW at all.

PJ

Martyn on 10pm show, XP laptop: "Vista came out and took up all of the memory to run, so that wasn't any good. Then came Windows7 which was the same, so you are getting the best of both worlds. A fantastic price and in my opinion, the best operating system."

I'm sure he was saying how good Windows7 was when they were selling the £599.99 all in 1 pc :/ lmao

Latest posts

Back