Speed Auction TV MASSIVE changes! :D

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
I was on facebook, and Mike Smith posted a status saying "......Look out for promo's on pricedrop in the breaks about exciting changes for speedauction ;-) ...." I had a suspicion of what it could be.

I then was looking out for the ad, and saw a gavel chasing a block around the screen. I then though it must be..... lol

Now, Mike has said on air "...I can't say about the changes, but it will be like the good ol' days.."

RISING PRICE AUCTIONS?! lol

If so, that would be great! :D

Speed Auction new launch 1st February! :)

Lol pity everyone has forgotten how rising price works plus when you had rising price auctions the call costs was 40p people are not going to re-bid at £1.53 a call. The signs of desperation are kicking in old presenters, rising price auctions... a company that has run out of ideas.

I'm sure in the early years its was 40p but I have no evidence to back this up but they will need to reduce the phone prices to get people to rebid or encourage website use or even go back to using on demand on sky or virgin like they did in the early years. This is surely the last chance saloon for Speed Auction this revamp has got to work.

But people DID pay £1.50 for phone calls, so I can't see them lowering it. - And as you say, people have the optiona to bid via the web.

It was £1.50 when they stopped doing them.

Probably partly why it finally failed because people no longer wanted to get ripped off by ridiculous premium rate call charges! :angry:

Really, the Sit-up management needs to bring something original and fresh to the network.

The new 'games' they have brought to Bid, such as the 'Jewellery Avalanche' and 'Connect 3' are tedious and irritating as they go through the charade of 'randomly picking' products and trying to convince us they are making 'mistakes' so the viewers think they are getting better bargains.

If they are going to sell jewellery, they need sell decent stuff, not this crap tanzanite and ****** cheapo, crappo 24 carat plated finish sprayed on 'gold' items you would find in your Christmas cracker!

Well, if this doesn't work then it's game over for Sit-up.

They could so easily be successful if they stopped telling lies, overseas customer services (which no one likes), cheap tat, arrogant presenters. Sigh.

But they will carry on as they are so I'll leave them to it.

Benny you told us there would be big changes at bid a few months ago...I'm still waiting for them :tongue:

In the words of Lisa Brash O M GGGGGGG!!!!!!! Are you questioning Benny? I think you should be banned from Bid Shopping and the forum for life... you need to apologise right now. Benny is Bid Shopping God and shouldn't be questioned.:tongue:

Sorry BennyXbox :tongue:

(Hopefully he knows I was only kidding)

Last edited:
Sorry guys! It ISN'T going to change. It was quite misleading how the showed the advert. One presenter was makin it out that it is going to have massive changes Etc, and the advert was showing close ups of the gavel hitting the block Etc. Here is a clip (not good quality though I'm affraid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qil5wGsq4gc&context=C385b1c7ADOEgsToPDskLL-iLd-6GXvs7gHUCZuRbr

I'm sure you would agree why I thought they were flipping the arrow.

Now Mike says to somebody;
"......i cant really say, and its nothing too drastic i'm sure. Speed is bid tvs naughty nephew , and it'll stay like that just be getting a bit bigger with more brand awareness. It has a small dedicated audience that love it cus its fun and we're going to build on that. All i can say is that the arrow (well chevron!) will still be pointed in the same direction "

I'm sure you would agree why I thought they were flipping the arrow.

Yeh, I can see how you thought that, Benny.

It's still gonna be a graveyard channel with presenters on they don't really want. :sad:

BTW I subscribed to your you tube channel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back