To be fair ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PJ.

In an Ideal World ...
I had two jumpers I previously mentioned plus a third jumper and a George Forman grill which was £5 cheaper than Amazon even with P&P and call so something's are good quality and good value so come on guys, more of this please :)

PJ

Two good consecutive posts about Bid.tv? Maybe the Mayans were right, and the world IS ending this year, because if this isn't a sign of an apocalypse then I don't know what is! :thinking:

I wonder what's next: humongous tanzanite deposit found under gypsies' illegal site at Dale Farm? Babs Keller to get an exhibition of cake stands at the Tate Modern? Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Cindy Crawford to model for Tommy & Kate's summer 2012 range in Milan? :wonder:

Sorry to say this but...

The sit-up channels now sell many things that can be bought in bargain shops like the £1 shop etc.
I am totally fed up by the presenters making out you are getting a bargain. Do they think we are stupid?
Most things i would class as cheap tat that you pay over the odds for and give it a few months and it falls apart or breaks (depending on what you buy).
Now i could go on but let me start by telling you about a few items i bought from them over the years ...

Pennine Ridge trainers that fell apart within weeks due to terrible stitching, i was refused a refund because i had worn them.
Seal nostalgic music system that arrived broken, it took me over 3 months to get the money back, I lost count how many emails and phone calls i made to customer services and everytime it was a foreign person on the phone i couldn't understand so i put the phone down, ****** foreign call centres do my head in.
A jacket that i ordered medium, arrived small and even had loose stitching on the back, a broken zip and was so small i don't think it would have fit a rake!

I used to like watching, but now i hear constant complaints here and on the Bid Shopping Facebook page i now avoid watching and buying from them.

I watch: I would NEVER buy!

I love the OTT descriptions and the desperate exhortations to buy.

The stuff looks shoddy on screen; Lord only knows what it's like in reality.

I suspect that they are in profit on a significant part of their stock just from the extortionate p&p and call cost. So all the superlatives about the quality and claims about them paying 'an absolute fortune' etc are absolute twaddle. Obviously, some people must fall for it. :hi: The real bargains seem to be very few and far between these days.

Or are a REALLY limited number compared to the masses of tat that gets pushed.

I bought some clothes from them recently which were good but it was in the clearance sale off their website and dirt cheap. I would never buy any of their stuff off the telly with the premium rate call numbers and ridiculous p&p.

I think the stuff you can get from the pound shop rings true. You can find cheaper prices on the internet too.

This network rely on people who are largely ignorant of the internet (probably mainly the elderly) and those who have little awareness of 'value'. I do think they prey on vulnerable people, just as door to door salesmen do and cowboy tradesmen, paying over the odds for mediocre goods.

In recent times I've seen knitted beige chunky knitwear that would make Kate Moss and/or Marilyn Monroe look ugly, Tanzanite stones that look as if they had fallen out of (cheap) Christmas crackers, gold finish charms that must have cost 10p to make in a Chinese sweatshop (and also belong in a cracker), and gadgets that would have been swiftly booted out of Dragon's Den for being utterly useless pieces of garbage such as a collapsible step box (use one because a chair isn't strong enough to take your body weight, at least according to Steve "Liar, Liar, Pants on fire" McDonald).

Latest posts

Back