Refreshing to hear Mike Mason spell out clearly what the gold plated jewellery is

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Just watching Mike describe a gold-plated belcher chain. He was very clear to state that it was dipped in gold, that it was gold-plated, and not solid gold.

Now why can't the other presenters ( especially Mr. Peters) be as clear and as honest with their description of gold items. I like that Mike doesn't band about the superlatives every other sentence. :clapping:

They were selling a pair of gold earrings recently, and I loved them...They gave a lengthy description whilst showing them revolving on a slow moving display stand in all their splendour, a classical tune played softly in the background.I doubted that I'd be able to afford them as they were described as 18 carat gold, I thought that's a pity 'cause 9 carat may drop to an affordable price say £20 or so. Eventually after they finished "bigging up" what sounded like the crown flamin' jewels they announced that these earrings would be guaranteed to go for less than £7! At this stage the word gold had been bandied around like nobody's business, but the word "plated" hadn't been mentioned once. As soon as they mentioned the price, I realised we were talking cheap gold plated tat here, and decided not to bother as I can give myself septic ear 'oles courtesy of Primark for half the price any day of the week! Throughout the entire presentation they mentioned that the earrings were gold plated just once, it also turned out that they weren't even solid metal, so flimsy to boot. I think they went for about £4.99 which is more that what they're worth and that's without p&p. A lot of their presentation seems to me designed to mislead...remember the Armani watches?

What happened with the watches? :)

They were selling watches that had designs on the faces drawn by various well known people for a charity, Giorgio Armani was one of these people. So basically it was a cheapo watch with a picture Mr Armani had drawn printed on the face...it was not an Armani watch as they were trying to have us believe.

Did the money go to the charity?

...and don't get me on to Sit-Up network and charities!

I see now on Speed they had silver plated items FFS can't they even be bothered to have solid silver. What next? I hate to think.

I am sure if they sold Polos they would be called tin foil plated :s

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he don't dress things up make items seem more than what they are to make us buy the other presenters could learn from him i remember those watches and agree they did try and make out they were actually armani as opposed to having a design on them by him very wrong of them

Maybe not jewellery, but last night he was selling 2 bath mats, and he said "I'm not going to tell you all great and wonderful things what these will do, because these are what they are...."

I like that Mike is so honest. Also, if I was to buy from a presenter, he would be one I'd buy from. Some presenters think if they make it sound great people will buy. Personally, if presenters start making things up Etc. I won't buy from them.

Latest posts

Back