The Boot Australia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
I was watching the fashion slot on Monday with Peter Simon and the fashion guru. They were (mis)selling a pair of boots which they implied were Ugg related and made by the same company. It was very hard sell and extremely misleading. They referred to the lining of the boot being sheepskin and said that those infamous boots which many people are wearing cost around £180, and that this was the deal of the century to get these boots which are made by the same company, for a fraction of the price. This was the most blatant mis-selling example I have seen on the channel. Basically they are trying to pass off some polyester knock off under a similar brand which is made in China, rather than Australia. Why are these people still on the airwaves? Why isn't the company and the presenters being penalised for misleading people? We hear them often saying that they aren't allowed to tell untruths, and yet they don't just bend the rules, they are openly flouting them.

Sayings such as 'you don't get owt for nowt' and 'buyer beware' spring to mind. But this channel really has reached the bottom of the barrel.

How can they be knock offs when they do not have UGG on the label? I saw this boot presented and at no time did I hear them say they were UGG brand or any other brand - e.g. Emus. They said they were ugg style (which they are). As far as I'm concerned if people are stupid enough to pay £180 for something which costs peanuts to make then they should have their bank accounts forcibly taken over in an attempt to solve the national debt crisis.

If companies didn't sell things at such extortionate prices, then there wouldn't be a knock off market for fakes.
The cruelty associated with the fake UGG etc is sick. Sheepskin is cheap and the cost of manufacturing UGG out of sheepskin in China is a fraction of what they are being sold for.

As for the word "ugg" it's a general term used in Australia that means that particular style of boot. Just because an American company then decides to develop a brand called UGG doesn't mean they are the only people that have license to use the word! It would be like Heinz calling their beans "Beans" and then none of us allowed to use the word "beans" again unless we mean Heinz!

As for made in China etc, only FAKE UGGs have Made in Australia on them. REAL UGGs have been made in China by Decker Inc (not an Australian company even) for several years.
Real Uggs are not sold on ebay either because the company believes in keeping all profits for themselves. :cheeky:

I would far rather buy a boot that has not been made as a result of animal cruelty and human greed. Personally I don't think the channel has stooped lowly at all. Perhaps next time check your facts before slagging them off. :taphead:

As for where they are made, I am not 100% certain but I think THe Boot is actually MADE IN OZ - unlike UGGS!! :rock:

Last edited:
Correction, Deckers Corp, not inc.
And I forgot to say I lost count of the number of times they said it was made by The Boot Australia and the camera homed in on the logo at the back of the heel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back