Can someone tell me if the presenters are read scripts in their earpiece

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
When I hear Peter Simon endlessly wittering on about Tanzanite and Elvis Presley, I can't actually believe he is making this stuff up. Is there someone reading a script to him to repeat? Bennyxp, do you know?

From listening to the presenters they have to be in work three to four hours before their shift starts and research the products before going on air and make sure they know how they work. They have also said before they look on the internet for the same product elsewhere. Whether this is true or not I don't know but I am sure as part of their job they would have to be able to think on their feet to do a three and a half hour live stint.

I have heard talkback from their ear pieces at times and from what I can gather the producer always tells them about if something is a megadrop, how much it went for in the past etc.

Don't think they read from autocue or anything like that. They just have the gift of the gab methinks!

A lot of what they do is probably rehearsed and they are probably subject to brain washing of their over rated products. I expect Peter Simon listens to a cassette when he goes to sleep with the words 'Delicious' and all his other daft sayings!

Sometimes you can hear the person talking in their ear! They have notes too, on a clipboard.

Peter just says the same 10 or so lines though doesn't he? :cheeky:

Presenters will have 2 people talking in their ear. Director and Producer.

The director will tell them what camera they are cutting to next, tellthe presenter when they are in vision, as well as telling the presenter when they will be running a piece of VT.

The producer will be the one who says about the prices, and when the presenter is running out of things to say, or important things they need to point out, they will tell them. When Peter Simon has his 10 minute speel, I'd imagine that the producer will give him something to talk about. E.g. the producer may say "How rare is tanzanite" and then the presenter will say "Tanzanite is a very rare stone...." And Peter can go on for hours! :L The producer will also be the one saying how many are on the phones Etc.

Director: Peter, when you're in the park on a sunny day and you're licking a 99 flake ice cream
Peter Simon: DELICIOUS!

Director: Your rent boy takes a lick...

Peter: This chain is 3 inches long.

Director: sit-up's moral standards.

Peter: This tanzanite is extremely rare, and should be gone in 10 years' time

Presenters will have 2 people talking in their ear. Director and Producer.

The producer will also be the one saying how many are on the phones Etc.

I think when they say 50 are on the phones is a lie to ploy people into thinking the product is going to sell very quickly (yes 50 on the phones, but the qty doesn't fall by 50 in a matter of seconds!) so they then phone to buy in a panic.
Now they do say how many people miss out, but in these days i really do find it hard to believe that people phone a number costing £1.53 to just waste it, or am i being stupid here?
Also has anyone noticed the A4 sheet taped to the bottom of the cameras the presenter is looking at?
What does it say on those??

Phone number, and some other important phrases (I say important, but I don't mean it)

Oh, also the camera number, as usually the slide is broken/missing

Latest posts

Back