Is the Tanzanite real? Disturbing Bid Facebook comment

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmmm see what replies that gets if you don't have facebook this is the comment

Alison Sheard-taylor
well what can i say sorry i ever bought from bid and price drop, if you are buying tanzanite don't as ive had valuations and they are not the real macoy, my husband bought the TANZANITE AND DIAMOND ring couple of weeks ago, just had it valued and its worth nothing plus the so called DIAMONDS are not !! they are immitation stones to look like diamonds the jeweller told me the tanzanite was ok the ring silver yes, and it was made in china, if it was diamond it would/ OR SHOULD HAVE DIA inside plus the stamp so im afraid the jewellery customers have bought should get valuations, i will be taking this further, i feel so betrayed and let down as the presenters always say "get these valued as they will be worth thousands in later years" but they won't be plus they tell us its genuine !! we have bought in good faith from price drop and bid and we have wasted and lost alot of money.....................just very sad and let down :O

If the valuation is genuine and from a reputable dealer then that is kind of shocking (but not unexpected)!

Bid have had their Tanzanite graded but does it actually come with some kind of certification?

According to that comment, the tanzanite was OK, the ring was silver therefore it was just the diamonds that were fake. Plus there aren't any claims as to the ring's origin, so being made in China is neither here nor there, technically speaking.

I hope they are reported for this misselling but it's fairly hard to see them being effectively punished for what they have done/might have done.

A lot of the time these days they don't even tell you what something is made off - so there's no come back if you're daft enough to buy off them and then discover you've got a piece of crap:hi:

Most of their Tanzanite was AA, which is very average, and most of the stones were miniscule. Certainly wouldn't be certificated and the value would be negligible. As for being worth thousands in later years......what a load of cobblers!

Last edited:
Personally I think that people ought to be educated both in the ways of the media (namely how it can be used to deceive) AND the fact that you almost always get what you pay for. Anything that is 'too' cheap is either not exactly as advertised (namely, a deception), or something that's deeply unfashionable and/or poor quality, or even worse has "fallen off the back of a lorry" (stolen).

As I said before, someone I know and married to a jeweller, bought one for him to value. It was Tanzanite alright, but not nearly the quality suggested. My AAA Tanzanite looks nothing like situps.

I find the claim in the first post interesting, if true then situps have committed a criminal act and should be prosecuted. I'm not on Facebook so can't follow this. Knowing situps reputation though, if you read the fine print they will have kept just one toe within the law. Thanks for cutting and pasting Steve.

Latest posts

Back