PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help Re: Returns & Refunds

Lily_My_Lovely
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Guys

I am wondering if anyone can help me, I am looking for a Phone Number (or email address) for someone in Customer Service at Ideal World in the UK.

Way back in May, I ordered 140 worth of 21st Century Corsetry as a present for my mum. She is terrible with underwear and really fancied some of the vesty things they had for sale, so for her 65th birthday, I treated her to some bits and bobs. Expensive gift, not the norm, but mum was thrilled, picked what she liked and I ordered.

Anyway, the items never arrived... and after 10 or so days I contacted CS and spoke to someone in India. Eventually, they managed to send me the Parcelne tracking number and I tracked it online. It was showing on the tracking as "Ready for Collection". So I called Parcelnet and they had no record of the parcel, no record that it had even been sent by IW.

I contacted IW again and told them this and they said they would send me a form to complete to say I hadn't rec'd the order. The orange form came, I completed it and sent it back... and nothing. I heard nothing, no refund, nothing.

I chased by email again, nothing... months later I am still waiting. I have been told twice now that they did not receive my returned form and they would send me another but I have never rec'd another form. The last email I got just said "this matter has already been dealt with by he Customer Service team" IT HASN'T!

Anyway, if that's not all bad enough, to try and appease my mum, I ordered some Emelia underwear (just 30 worth this time!) to be going on with. This time it actually arrived (yay!). I'd ordered the size M as my mum is a size 14 and Loen said she was wearing the size L and was a size 16, plus the measurements of the M all matched to my mum perfectly.

However... when the items arrived, the cami/vests were so tight *I* couldn't even get them on (and I'm a size 10!) and the matching knickers were so loose they almost fell down (these are supposed to be shape wear!). So I packed them all up the same day they arrived and sent them straight back (1st class post - proof of posting certificate from PO).

Two weeks later... I chased the refund and got this message from CS:-

"With reference to your order OWXXXXX5 placed on 22/08/2008 for 130179 X 2 Cami & 2x Briefs with Bonus Organza Bag. We currently do not have a record of this item being booked in to our Returns Department so are unable to arrange a refund or replacement for you at this time."

Soo.... now...I am 150 down, have determined that IW do not refund when an order is not delivered (when the tracking confirms this AND the customer completes a form) and also do not refund under their 30 days guarantee!

So... if anyone has contact details for someone in the UK, that would be great. Either a phone number or an email address, I might be actually able to talk to someone who can help me.

Thanks!

deanos
12-09-2008, 04:20 PM
If you paid for the first item with your credit card contact them to do a chargeback, as for the 2nd item you will have to claim off the post office as if IW hasnt received it could have been lost in the post which isnt IW's fault and you are responsible for returned items until they get them back

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/customerservice2?catId=69800733&mediaId=70700722

catstail
12-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Try 01733 887100. Its the main switchboard.

Anne
12-09-2008, 08:39 PM
I know I keep saying it but contact the Advertising Standards Agency and get them involved. The more complaints they get about IW doing this the better ( the same for QVC sending out returned goods as well imo)

HOW TO COMPLAIN (http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/)