Andy Hodgson stop scaring people

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Andy is trying to sell a fire blanket by scaring people the official government advice is now this:

If you're unlucky enough to be faced with a chip pan fire, think again before using a wet tea towel to smother it.

That traditional guidance is being dropped by the Government for a less gung-ho approach.

Instead of tackling a blazing pan filled with hot fat yourself, you should get out of the house and dial 999.

The new advice is contained in a leaflet from the Department for Communities and Local Government which fears that homeowners may do more harm than good if they approach a fire.

I always respected Andy but today he has gone way too far the price of selling a product against saving you own life Bid could end up having responsibility if someone uses this and ends up injured or dies.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I'd even go as far as instead of selling fire blankets - sell deep fat fryers which are temperature controlled and far safer!

Chip pans should be banned anyway, lots of pointless fires caused by them - we threw ours out almost 18 years ago!

I saw Andy do this this afternoon. It pi**ed me off with his scare tactics. These channels are getting more like cowboy outfits by the day.

I was so annoyed I actually went to his website and considered sending him an email and a copy of the official guidance on fires but thought what is the point.

Some of the selling techniques used seem to be on a par with shouting "Fire! Fire!" through someone's letterbox (as some unscrupulous door-to-door salespeople have been known to do); spiv salesmen selling overpriced goods frequently under dodgy pretences, even if some of the goods happen to be serviceable.

Plus you would have thought that shopping channels would be even more tightly regulated compared to shops because these channels are easy to stumble upon unintentionally. Wonder how many Bid TV viewers on Freeview get there by accident simply by pressing '2' quickly followed by '3' on their remote control?

I'm getting a mite peeved at Bid this weekend; what with Peter Simon flogging worry angels as if they're relics from Jesus' tomb, and now Andy Hodgson scaring people into buying fire blankets that may result in their putting themselves (or loved ones) at risk.

Are Bid WANTING to be shut down? :taphead:

Interesting new tactic has mr H been reading this site "I am not trying to scare you I am trying to buy you time to get out of course you should call the fire brigade" Hmmmm

Well if it is anything like the "I'm a lumberjack and I'm so gay" routine he just did, then this is equally likely to be somewhat lacking in subtlety.

Oh look! A scary fire graphic behind him. :angry:

Interesting new tactic has mr H been reading this site "I am not trying to scare you I am trying to buy you time to get out of course you should call the fire brigade" Hmmmm

If you're faffing around with a fire blanket then surely you are wasting time to get out anyway lol

Is Welephant fire safe? He has fur and could be easily set on fire if he was tackling a chip pan fire.

If fire and smoke disorientates you, and seconds TRULY matter in such a situation, why waste a few seconds getting a fire blanket before getting out?

Jeees he trying to get hold of some fire extinguishers.. he has fire extinguishers in his home? Who has a fire extinguisher in the house? As I said before official guidance now is just to get out and don't try and fight any fire.

OMG, STFU Andy, you are only selling this to make the profit on the P&P and rip-off premium rate phone call charges.

YOu people don't give a STUFF about saving people's lives. :angry:

OMG, STFU Andy, you are only selling this to make the profit on the P&P and rip-off premium rate phone call charges.

YOu people don't give a STUFF about saving people's lives. :angry:

They need to save the people who are buying the stuff don't they so they do give a stuff lol

Latest posts

Back