Simon Davies you dope

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
He is saying to people he can't believe the price and call the number on screen...erm except there are no graphics on screen he is pointing to nothing. Surely someone in the gallery should tell him the graphics are not there. He keeps saying if you see a number call and look at the quantity what a tit they are making him look. I wonder how many he sold with no price, telephone number or quantity?

They must know no one can see a price or telephone number even on the website the feed has no graphics are they all totally thick or what.

I'm starting to think that this is pre-recorded.

Last edited:
it was very strange.... he never once mentioned the price of anything (which they usually make a point of repeatedly doing)

wish i'd seen that poor simon though he does irritate me way he takes a breath after everything he says you'll notice now i've mentioned it haha he never spoke like that on playdays lol

It is definitely pre-recorded I am almost sure of it when they went to the titles it seemed to jump and they way he was talking it didn't feel live at all he would have known the graphics weren't there and said we have a techinical problem plus they sold none I was looking at website quantity.

well how does that work? am i being stupid? lol how can you have quantities left and such if it's a pre record i'm being totally stupid i have a feeling :)

Because they put a clock on screen and the quantities never reach zero because they put higher quantities that will not all sell. I am sure all the auctions will last the same amount of time too you will not hear "we are running behind" and he is saying same things as Simon "If there are quantities on screen and a telephone number you can buy" so assume if they all go they will remove graphics. Listen and he will say same thing all night. Chris Rhodes on now and he is recorded as he said "I will be on with you for a little while" not I will be here until 12midnight. Watch Chris will never say the actual price that is on screen either or how many are left so you know it's a recording. Listen it's obvious when you know. Maybe Chris will post on here now if he is around to prove he isn't doing the show live.

Last edited:
Yes Mr Rhodes just slipped up he said "yesterday was six months to Olympic Games opening ceremony" and the opening ceremony is 27 July so this programme was recorded on Saturday. Ooops

i thought it be pre-recordered as they are gettin a new set and that aint they for the new look speed auction i think as the signs are the same ones they used when bid was havin the set made over and stuff

Hmmm. Just watching Chris Rhodes. It looks pre-recorded but I saw it flashing up "Live", which is a bit naughty.

If I hear the words "If the telephone number is on the screen and there's quantity available" one more time i will scream why didn't they just do a feed from bid?

Actually, I quite like the focus on the products rather than the annoying stupid shouting at the price and the countdown.

Pre-records

Just to clear up any confusion: Output on Speed was live on Friday and Saturday as I was there. These were played back on Sunday, Monday and will be until we relaunch. The auctions were still live when the tape was played back as there was a producer there still controlling the prices and people could still buy in real time. It was thought best to have Speed going out rather than Bid so we maintained our own presence on the channel.

Latest posts

Back