Bissell 1697E v Vax Rapide Ultra

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

Horatio

Guest Shopper
Well I have just been watching the presentation of the Bissell 1697E carpet shampooer with Simon Isles and the Muppet they call Howard Griffiths who was waving £20 notes in the air like a back street cowboy trader.......:cheeky:
Howard mentioned that there is another shopping channel showing another brand of carpet shampooer but Ideal World's Bissell is the best buy all round,so I flipped channels to find that QVC were selling the Vax Rapide Ultra.
Now the Bissell is the cheaper option but Argos who also sell the Vax are selling it for £149.99 as a pick up from the store whereas the Bissell sold by Ideal World is selling at £144.99 + £5.99 P&P to give a total of £149.98 a full 1 pence cheaper than Argos.
We have the Vax and one of our friends has the Bissell and both do a great job in getting stains out of carpets and upholstery,but the Vax is the better buy due to the fact that it has more suction power with 1000 watts of power compared to the Bissell's 800 watts and believe me this does make a lot of difference.
The Vax also comes with a 2 year warranty compared to Bissells 1 year and with the Vax the hose and tools can be removed from the machine but the Bissells tools and hose cannot be removed and this can be a pain.
The Bissell comes with a pre treatment formula and tool attachment for old or stubborn stains and the Vax from Argos does not but this is not a problem as we were able to remove very old stains we had on the carpet near the back door with just the normal tool attachment and the stain disappeared.............:clapping:
So overall the Vax Rapide Ultra is the better buy in my opinion,and although you can also buy the Rapide Ultra with a pre treatment wand, this is not needed and you will end up paying out considerably more money for this add on............:wait:

I have never enjoyed cleaning the carpet as much as I do now since we purchased the Vax Rapide Ultra,I must be getting old........:smirk:

Well, I own the Bissell 1967e, and, I love it!

I had a Vax 6131 previous to this, and, it was unable to shift some really tough stains such as nail varnish from the cream carpet in the spare room. The Bissell is really easy to use, and I found my old Vax really rather bulky and a chore to push around. I have no idea what the new Vax upright machines do, but, the thing that clinched my move from Vax was the Bissell OxyGen 2 formula, and the OxyGen onboard spot clean tool. With 2 cats, it is a blessing. We had an old stray cat a few years ago that used to come in from the cold (I have a soft spot when it comes to cats) however, he was incontinent, and, the resulting stains never fully came out of the carpet (even with the Vax) until the Bissell moved in.

It has a really long hose too - and as we live in a 3 storey house, I've been able to do both sets of stairs in our house with ease.

The formulas really smell lovely too - my favourite is the natural orange. The house has never been cleaner - and I do think it is because of my Bissell! I love it that much, I've even dumped the old Dyson vacuum in favour of the Bissell upright pet hair hoover. The same one that is on Ideal World at the minute, however, I bought mine from Argos in the Boxing Day sales! :rock:

I too prefer the formulas produced by Bissell rather than the ones produced by Vax,I have tried Vax's Pet stain formula and also Bissell's version and the Bissell comes out tops in the aroma it leaves behind and also due to the fact that it contains Scotchguard.
I think I will try the Orange one next...........:happy:

Oh and for anybody who is considering buying one of these cleaners I forgot to mention that the Vax has a 3 metre hose compared to Bissell's 2 metre and the Vax has 4.5 litre capacity tank compared to Bissell's 4 litre.But it is the suction power that makes the Vax the one to go for with 1000 watts of power compared to Bissell's 800 watts which can make one hell of a difference as it can obviously remove stains quicker and your carpet will dry out faster..............:up:

To be fair, everytime I've used the Bissell (which has been quite regularly lately due to my poor kitty cats having some teeth removed) the carpet has always been left really quite dry.

Hmmmmm the smell afterwards too. I love it! :up:

Just had a thought - maybe with my new Bissell 'fangirl' status, I should try and work for them... :cheeky:

He He.......You could send your CV to Ideal World!
Have you tried the Bissell Pet Stain and Odour kat?
It works really well on old pet stains and totally removes the aroma that is left behind.
I have one bottle of this left,so I think I will save it and only use it when the dog leaves a mess and I will probably buy the three pack of Orange from Ideal World because I have heard that the aroma lingers for a long time.
I have also heard that new X2 concentrate versions are not as good as the originals in regards to aroma so I may try the old Orange formula first which can still be found on fleabay.

Well me and Mrs H received our orange scented Bissell carpet formula which we purchased off fleabay and I must say what a disappointment it is..........:sad:
No smell of orange.......!
You can smell the orange from the bottle but as soon as you mix it with water and use it on the carpet there is no smell of anything.
I won't be buying this again,my fault though as I should have done my research on the review websites before getting my debit card out.
You obviously learn from your mistakes........:doh:

Latest posts

Back