More money than sense?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Florbela

Registered Shopper
You know, I always think that as long as a product is described clearly and honestly, the price for it is a choice: you can buy it or not.

But now and then there is a little pearl of an 'auction' that doesn't cease to puzzle and amaze me. Like the one tonight with Mike Mason.

I mean, why pay £11.99
http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Inspirati...dship-Bracelet/GC125385/ProductDetail.raction
when you can pay £49.95 (and not even one tanzanite on it:sad:)
http://www.bid.tv/PreviousAuctionProductPage.aspx?Cat=7&SubCat=28&Offer=4872737 ???

Plus £7.99p&p of course.

And, as it was a fantastic, show stopper bargain price (and they only had a small quantity, of course) it went in senconds!!!!:mysmilie_465:

It only proves to show that:
1. People will believe anything:mysmilie_853:
2. Impulse buy on bid doesn't pay:mysmilie_62:
3. You DO need a set of worry angels after a shopping spree on bid :mysmilie_50:

It really does pay to do your research before buying anything on the Sit-up channels, or indeed, any shopping channel.

1. I check the actual Sit-up website to see what items have been sold in the auctions and on the site
2) I check if it is available on the Ocean Tree Trading E-bay website (Sit-Up Network presence on Ebay), usually with free P&P and no premium rate call charge. Sometimes you can make a lower offer.
3) I do a general Google search to see if the product (or a similar product) can be bought cheaper elsewhere.
4) Finally, I do a Google search for reviews on the product to make sure that it is worth making the purchase.

I don't blame Mike or any other of the presenters for getting higher prices for their product, because that is what they are there to do for the business. But I do think the Sit-Up network should be charging a fair price for P&P and not relying on the premium rate phone call charges.

TJC have, to date, sold 80,000 of these same or very similar bracelets all for £12.95 and £2.95 p&p, and in a wide choice of colours. Shows you what stability of prices and fair p&p can do for turnover. xxxxx

Latest posts

Back