Winter weather scare tactics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Plunge

Registered Shopper
Steve Macdonald on Price Drop TV's selling things like bed throws and socks as "Emergency Winter Stock" with a siren going off, scaring viewers at home with the "Met Office Level 3 Weather Warning" alert (which may be genuine but even so), and saying things such as "reports on the internet about 15 to 20 centimetres of snow", etc.; some of these sales tactics may be legitimate to an extent but all of this still makes for some very uncomfortable viewing. Parts of the UK won't see any snow during the next few days; my area has no snow as well as temperatures above freezing for the next three days at least, at least according to BBC Weather online.

The Sit-up channels have really now sunk to the equivalent level of shouting "Fire! Fire!" through people's letterboxes by preying on less fortunate people's anxieties.

The Sit-up channels have really now sunk to the equivalent level of shouting "Fire! Fire!" through people's letterboxes by preying on less fortunate people's anxieties.

You don't have to worry because a lot of people now have a handy fire blanket thanks to Andy Hogdon so no need to worry about any shouts of "fire! fire!" they are safe.

"Met Office Level 3 Weather Warning" alert (which may be genuine but even so), and saying things such as "reports on the internet about 15 to 20 centimetres of snow", etc.; some of these sales tactics may be legitimate to an extent but all of this still makes for some very uncomfortable viewing.

I can't comment on it as I didn't see it, but to be fair, most of the country is on level 3 warning, and some places will be seeing thick snow :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

I think it was last October that they started 'The snow's coming' hysteria. Are they assuming we are all as thick as they are not to be ready for it?

Far is doing the scare tactics now and they are so confident of scaring people he has a high quantity for 9am of 150 shovels and the gullible fools have fallen for it the quantity flew out.

Last edited:
they had sold out of shovels in my local asda yesterday we in my part of wales didn't have that much really some people :cheeky:

do agree the scare tactics are too much it's ok saying keep safe but to go into these dramatic scenarios to force you to buy it's just a tad uncomfortable i keep thinking of some dear old person living alone watching this and maybe feeling worried but that's prob the "viewer" they're after

Which reminds me: I wonder if Helen Bates is stuck in a snowdrift on the M6? :wonder:

Which reminds me: I wonder if Helen Bates is stuck in a snowdrift on the M6? :wonder:

By which time she will have become a snow woman!

I bet you a million quid she didn't buy the Bid snow shovel, dirt/snow tyre helper track thingys and fire blanket. What a plonker!

they had sold out of shovels in my local asda yesterday we in my part of wales didn't have that much really some people :cheeky:

do agree the scare tactics are too much it's ok saying keep safe but to go into these dramatic scenarios to force you to buy it's just a tad uncomfortable i keep thinking of some dear old person living alone watching this and maybe feeling worried but that's prob the "viewer" they're after

I was a bit scared about the fire, then thought, if I bought the fire blanket, I'd probably forget where I'd put it anyway :rolleyes:

I was a bit scared about the fire, then thought, if I bought the fire blanket, I'd probably forget where I'd put it anyway :rolleyes:
Or the fire's between you and the fire blanket. Bet they will use that as an excuse to make you buy two of them :wink:

You could use the Kate 'n' Fred's Snuggleblankets to put out the fires or use the solar powered lilly pads....

I see Tommy & Kate to celebrate their 6th anniversary are doing a catwalk show. I wonder what top model will be wearing those expensive outfits?

Latest posts

Back