£19.99 on pricedrop, £12.99 on bid...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BidShoppingFan

Registered Shopper
This afternoon the set of 2 solar lights with chains and bolards sold on pricedrop for £19.99 at 14.55 and £12.99 at 15.30.

The thing is with bid shopping the price should be determined by the amount and speed of people buying- fair enough and it should sell based on demand.

The thing I disagree with is the use of the clock which locks the price and makes it totally unfair.

And just to clarify neither of these auctions sold out and were both closed by the clock :angry:

Well this was half an hour apart I did a thread the other day where they were selling a product on two channels at same time and the price was different as was the p&p. Mark Ryes was saying this is lowest ever isn't it Tori and Tori had to stutter over her answer as someone in here ear must have said it's currently going for less on Speed Auction don't agree.

The clock is definitely a cheat mechanism to drive up the prices. It's a bit disgusting.

Without the clock they would have been gone years ago. I agree, the clock isn't fair, but for example the other week there were 200 of an item, and it went to £7.99 and NONE sold. If there was no clock, it would have been £1. Now think about things like that happening all of the time. To be fair to them, they are only doing what they need to do to stay in business. All shopping channels where the price goes down uses a clock, and infact sit-up were the last to introduce a clock.

They didn't need a clock when they did rising price auctions

And they didn't when they started falling price auctions, and the clock wasn't introduced until 2009.

When I started watching price drop in 2004, it was about 3/4 months before I ever saw anything under £10. A pair of sunglasses would go for £15, now similar quality ones now go for £2.99. THATS why they need a clock.

Latest posts

Back