Gareth gets it sorted

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

medic

Registered Shopper
My first post and I’m here to thank Gareth Parker he put a sticky on the first Idealworld page.

I was having trouble getting a response from there over seas customer service, I lost count of the number of emails I sent and never got a proper response and the money it cost in phone calls.
I wont bore you with all the details but I was just trying to return an order.

But finding this web site and one email to Gareth, and it seems to be sorted.
:up:

My first post and I’m here to thank Gareth Parker he put a sticky on the first Idealworld page.

I was having trouble getting a response from there over seas customer service, I lost count of the number of emails I sent and never got a proper response and the money it cost in phone calls.
I wont bore you with all the details but I was just trying to return an order.

But finding this web site and one email to Gareth, and it seems to be sorted.
:up:

Glad to hear you have got it sorted........:up:
But should it really have got to a point were customer services based somewhere in Asia do not respond to your enquiry leaving you with no other option than to try and contact an individual here in the UK........:call:
Like I have said all along Asian call centres offer a terrible service and companies like Ideal World should base their call centres here in the UK.
I won't buy any products from companies who have their call centres outside of the UK.........:nod:

Totally agree have learnt my lesson the hard way, and will definately now not buy ANYTHING from IW.

But should it really have got to a point were customer services based somewhere in Asia do not respond to your enquiry leaving you with no other option than to try and contact an individual here in the UK........:call:
Like I have said all along Asian call centres offer a terrible service and companies like Ideal World should base their call centres here in the UK.
I won't buy any products from companies who have their call centres outside of the UK.........:nod:

I must admit it was long and frustrating taking four months to get a result.
My thanks was to the forum for being here and Gareth for hes contact details

I'm glad that your problem has now been resolved with Gareth's help, but it really is outrageous that your numerous emails and phone calls to so-called "Customer Services" (ha bleepin' ha!) were fruitless and that it has therefore taken 4 months!

Anyone who doesn't belong to this forum (and after all not all Ideal World's customers even have internet access let alone know about this forum - and therefore Gareth's email address) hasn't a hope of getting problems resolved. How is that acceptable practice?

Hi Medic and welcome to the forum, now you're here you might as well stick around and keep posting. Glad you got it sorted.

Jude xx

So you have never dealt with a bad call centre in the UK?

So you have never dealt with a bad call centre in the UK?

Erm...........No!
Only an Asian call centre leaves you waiting for four months and then still don't sort the problem out after this time.
Basically Medic's problem was sorted here in the UK and not in Asia where they totally ignored the issue for four whole months,and in anyone's books that is terrible service.
Asian call centres are used by greedy bosses who don't want to pay UK workers a fair wage,and I believe that the good old British public should boycott companies who use these types of horrendous substitute customer service reps.
Using UK workers is obviously a good thing for this country as it puts British people into employment and the roll on effect is that it helps the economy.
Only greedy bosses and Asian call centre reps would disagree with this.

How can anyone take Asian call centre reps seriously when they tell you that their name is Adam or Lucy..............lol.

I couldn't give a toss what they are called a long as they sort the problem.

That's the problem Stumpybits: they DON'T sort the problem. So you end up making multiple premium rate calls before giving up in disgust.

Why IW think that just having Gareth deal with stuff AFTER customers have gone mental and the situation's escalated to Defcon 1 (instead of employing quality staff (in whatever country) who solve problems first time) is the "ideal" way to provide excellent customer service is beyond me.

Surely paying a little bit extra for decent staff who ensure customers come back to shop at IW is better than doing it on the cheap and p!$$ing everyone off so much they go shop elsewhere. :taphead:

Which has actually made me realise something: IW take MONTHS to deal with customer issues, and will only do so if they acknowledge their sub-par "customer service" staff have f***ed up, and only then if you then jump through more hoops by emailing Gareth Thingy and going through it ALL yet again. Yet they are quick to complain to Graham if one of their poor delicate flowers (otherwise known as their presenters) doesn't like something posted on here.

That sounds like a company with its priorities right to me. :nod:

Latest posts

Back