Mystery megadeal money-making

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Price Plunge

Registered Shopper
A new twist to the "£5 mystery megadeal" sale is a scrolling message encouraging people to phone up in order to find out what the mystery item actually is. So that's £1.53 whether or not you actually want to buy the item in question!

Of course this has always been the case since the beginning of this 'feature' but it's another trick now being employed to make gullible people part with their hard-earned money. And I'm sure that it falls foul of some regulation or other, that is if anyone is bothered enough to actually enforce it.

who would really buy something without knowing what it is? what if you've come in for it and it's something you don't want

hmm, this network is certainly pitched at the gullible and vulnerable :sad:

oi greg you calling me that? :p i bought something last week remember lol

Lou: you paid an ex-NOTW reporter to go through Chris Rhodes' bins for you - that's not QUITE the same thing :tongue:

What a ridiculous idea...and I'm guessing that you've still got to stump up the p&p costs on top...so £14 buys you something but you don't know what it is...sounds like a great idea...er not!!!!! The £1.53? Clever on their part, though very naughty, as it adds £1.53 to the price if they do buy it, and gives them money for nothing if they don't buy it!

..and it's going to be rubbish, let's be honest!

Latest posts

Back