Android smartphone security

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sacha

Keep calm - Log on
I've recently acquired, a bit reluctantly, one of these do-it-all phones...an HTC. Any advice on how to use this safely and securely would be welcome. I did have downloaded an app from 'Lookout Mobile Security' which has been keeping an eye on things for me. The Premier 2 week free trial has now finished and have been downgraded to the free basic security and AV protection.

Anyone's experiences with these phones or recommendations would be very helpful. MTIA

Sorry to digress a bit but I have a concern when using my Hannspree android tablet re security. Is there any security that I can download for that? It uses froyo, whatever that is, similiar to a mobile phone system. Thanks for any help.

I am on my second HTC Android and like them very much. My previous phone I had no security on - never really crossed my mind!. The one I have now has an AVG anti-virus app. How necessary it is I don't know, never had any issues. Whether there are many viruses that affect phone systems at present I don't know - but I suspect as the use of smart phones increases so will the likelihood of specifically targeted viruses.

I don't think I have helped you much but those are my thoughts!!:thinking::thinking:

Thanks for your reply Susie, I didn't know AVG did a mobile app. Have used AVG before on a laptop and found it very effective. I got the HTC Explorer..as it was free on my tariff...and am getting used to it as the touch screen is very sensitive.

I've also just invested in an IPad and have no security on that, my DD has one and thinks that it may not be needed. I am a novice to this new type of technology and use it cautiously! :blush:

Latest posts

Back