The caring candle company

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Lisa Brash had been setting up a charity where you can buy candles for £25, and the money goes to a charity of your choice. In my opinion, a very lovely thing to do.

"the first 500 candles bought on the website and I will be putting the names into a hat and picking out by random and be delivering by hand by myself another candle free xx"

So why not order your today? :happy:

What a wonderful idea. I visited the website but I do have some questions which I was unable to glean from her site, if Lisa reads this website?

Does this company/charity have charitable status?
In percentage terms, how much is being given from the sale of each candle to charity?
Which charities are being supported by this enterprise? (there is nothing listed under 'gay community')
Will there be a running total of how many candles/how much is being raised for each of the charities supported?
What is the delivery charge per candle/order? (The 'delivery page' has nothing written on it)

Lisa Brash's candle company?

I can just GUESS what shape they'll be in...

news to me starting my own candle company :tongue:

in seriousness it is a good idea

I hear, from a good friend of mine who works for Ann Summers, that they have a mould kit that means you can immortalise a part of your body in clay or rubber or something.

Perhaps Sit-up presenters could do one each of their hand or something to sell on the channels in aid of charity. Would you buy a Chris Rhodes hand with pointing finger in aid of charity, Lou?

I hear, from a good friend of mine who works for Ann Summers, that they have a mould kit that means you can immortalise a part of your body in clay or rubber or something.

Perhaps Sit-up presenters could do one each of their hand or something to sell on the channels in aid of charity. Would you buy a Chris Rhodes hand with pointing finger in aid of charity, Lou?

Chris Rhodes pointing summat else and she'll buy the lot! :wink:

I would rather give my money to a charity supporting something I care deeply about. However, to each their own. I'm sure, despite the limited info on the site, this is a good idea but not for me. The thought of the Brash turning up to deliver a candle in person has turned my stomach... what would the neighbours think!

Please maintain some sense of decorum!

On the Lisa Brash candle idea, I am sure she would be very happy to answer all questions. On speaking to her about it I believe it seems a very good and worthy idea. No plans for candles shaped like anyone I know at the moment...

You can choose what charity;

Against Breast Cancer
British Heart Foundation
Cancer Research
Help for Heroes
Marie Curie
Mind - Mental Health
Stroke Association
The Meningitis Trust

P&P is £4.95

I know she started the company because of her dad, and for this reason, I think a high majority of the money will be going to charity.

Latest posts

Back