Fridja Steam Garment Cleaner.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

H

Horatio

Guest Shopper
Well me and Mrs H paid a visit to one of our friends who has just bought one of the Fridja steam cleaners from Ideal World and she gave us a lengthy demonstration and we were both mightly impressed with the results.
Apparently the steamers come in a range of different colours from baby pink through to black and have human names,they have a black one called Karl with a kicking K and it really does make light work of removing creases in jeans, towels, skirts and T-shirts etc giving a high volume of constant steam at all times.
It can also be used for removing creases in curtains when hung and for refreshing bed linen and cleaning those heavy items that cost a bleeding fortune to clean at the dry cleaners.
I am tempted to buy one of these as it really does take the hassle out of ironing and the pain of setting the ironing board up, but for obvious reasons I won't be buying from Ideal World so I will scour the internet for the best buy.

It's definitely one to recommend........:up:

I saw this as I liked all the colours, but can I ask why you say "for obvious reasons you won't be buying through IW", why is this? I was tempted cause it was broken down into 3 payments. I only ever buy through QVC so not tried IW yet.

I made the mistake of buying the 'Tobi' from Thane Direct. I think i've used it once. It promised to do everything this Fridja does, but it turned out to be the biggest piece of crap ever.

The Fridja does look more sturdy though - especially with the metallic steam face - the Tobi was just plastic all over.

One of the big bugs with the Tobi was that that hanger bit at the top wasn't tall enough - so I kept on having to hang stuff over the back of doors to steam them, and, if I did use it, the whole machine would tip over. Plus it leaked.

I wonder if the Fridja addresses these issues... If so, I am tempted. Well, it's either that, or the Polti Vaporetta steam iron. :cheeky:

I saw this as I liked all the colours, but can I ask why you say "for obvious reasons you won't be buying through IW", why is this? I was tempted cause it was broken down into 3 payments. I only ever buy through QVC so not tried IW yet.

It is just a personal thing Spooky,the product itself is spot on.........:nod:
The height of the item when the pole is fully extended is 5 foot 2 inch so things like jeans and joggers are easily done when hung on the special hanger and the pole itself can be rotated for even more ease of use.
It can hold a lot of weight too which was proved when a heavy military style jacket was placed on the hanger,and the amount of steam that comes out of the head is unbeleivable and this is probably the most important factor as more steam means better results.
We were shown this steamer in a small utility room which quickly turned into a sauna due to the amount of steam that this little steamer pumps out.

Oh and thanks to Mommabear for the info regarding bid tv which I will check on,I just hope that they have a UK call centre........:call:

Just had a quick look at the steamer on bid tv which is not a Fridja but a Torino but they do look identical though there are differences the power wattage is the same at 1500w but the Fridja has a bigger 2.2 litre water tank and 65 minutes continuous steaming.

Accessories Included with the Fridja are:
Hand Ironing Mat
Upholstery Brush
Trouser clasp
Handle protecting glove

Obviously there is a price difference with the Torino selling at £34.99 and the Fridja selling at £89.99 which kind of tells me that the Torino is inferior as the difference in price is fairly large.Take a look at Fridja's website http://www.fridja.com/index.html which is excellent and you can view video tutorials on how to steam all types of garments.............:up:

Last edited:
I have still to find a blummin' good iron. I even spent over £300 on a Laurastar one some years back, and at best the results were mediocre, thankfully I did manage to get my money back on the basis that the product was disappointing for the money. I have since bought a Polti, and whilst it's pretty good..it's nowhere near as good as the demos show. No way would it do four layers at once, it doesn't do a satisfactory job of two, so no simply laying a pair of trousers on the board one quick whoosh and they're done!

I tried a steam press, but didn't get on with it, storage was a problem, but not only that I found that the ironed part of the garments used to get tangled up as you were ironing, so basically you were creasing up as fast as you were ironing.

I tried a Tobi style steamer, it was complete rubbish and produced such a weak whisp of steam that it wouldn't even iron a handkerchief, let alone something you'd want to iron. Got a refund.

Had be using a small handheld steam cleaner with fairly good results, but this is now starting to leak....I find using the vertical steam function on a regular iron heavy, and awkward and doesn't produce enough steam. Have just ordered a hand held Steam o matic thing..but I regretted it as soon as I clicked confirm...it ain't gonna work! It's not come yet but I have very little confidence..just off to try my big steam cleaner!

Don't think there's such a thing as a decent iron for the household market....I've often wondered whether the irons they use in the demos are special souped up versions!

I agree merryone, I've still to find the perfect iron and doubt I ever will after all these years. I've tried the Polti, the rolls royce of irons(?) and it was nothing special. The hard water here doesn't help matters either.

The thing I find best now is a cheap iron and a spray bottle of water for bad creases.

I've just watched a bit of the Fridja but I wasn't impressed with that either. The fella did a pair of trousers on a trouser hanger and made a good job of getting the crease in them with the aid of his tool :tongue: but he didn't show how you steam the inside of the trousers.

He did a jumper and a shirt. The jumper wasn't shown close up.

To me, none of these looked badly creased to start with (in fact they looked no different from start to finish) and he did seem to have to bend over a lot :wonder: which would be a strain on the old back.

I wasn't impressed with the guest, I didn't see him finish one garment , he steamed down one side of a red sleevless top and it had drips of water on it which they tried to hide. He definitely couldn't sell me anything...

Well after borrowing this last night to try it out for ourselves I must say that this steamer is a great bit of kit and makes easy work of ironing all types of garments and materials.
We will be definetley purchasing one of these online next week!
Bye,bye ironing board and iron............:wave:

Latest posts

Back