Loen's Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would be surprised if they were extensions as she has said in the past that they gave her baldy patches. Prob. just clip-ins.

Is not a good look. She looks like a 1980s WWE wrestler with that mullet :thinking:

She is a true Pro though!
I mean would you go on live TV with a hairstyle that looks like that,I know I wouldn't.........!

Except for a convincing presentation of any product Ideal World sells............:wink:

Awwww. Give me an hour of Loen over the others any day. However, I have a new respect for Ellis- did anyone hear her talking about her husbands Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma last week? Hats off to her for keeping it together, and showing in for work during what I can only imagine was a nightmarish time. :star:

I wish him all the best, but to be honest did she HAVE to mention it?

Is comparable to going into your local Tescos, asking an assistant where the beer is (I know my priorities) and they then proceed to tell you how their granny's budgie got eaten by the cat. Or going to the bank to discuss your mortgage, but instead the adviser wants to talk about their love life issues.

IW is allegedly a shopping channel. Ellis is not my friend: she's a woman employed to try and get me to buy stuff from IW. So, while I am sorry that she is going through a bad time at the moment, I really don't need to hear about it.

That may sound harsh, but isn't this where "professionalism" comes in? To do the job you're paid to do, and if you can't, then to take time off until you can?

Last edited:

Is comparable to going into your local Tescos, asking an assistant where the beer is (I know my priorities) and they then proceed to tell you how their granny's budgie got eaten by the cat. Or going to the bank to discuss your mortgage, but instead the adviser wants to talk about their love life issues.

IW is allegedly a shopping channel. Ellis is not my friend: she's a woman employed to try and get me to buy stuff from IW. So, while I am sorry that she is going through a bad time at the moment, I really don't need to hear about it.

That may sound harsh, but isn't this where "professionalism" comes in? To do the job you're paid to do, and if you can't, then to take time off until you can?

Good post HC........:wink:
Personal issues are better left at home, though it really is amazing what some of the presenters on IW are prepared to share with the public in regards to their personal life.
Basically I don't want to hear it!

I 100% agree with your post, yet Loen's inane ramblings are supposed to be endearing and funny, to me they are neither, I would prefer she spent some more time learning about the product she is trying to sell me,I no longer have the patience to watch IW for more than a few mins....

To be fair - Ellis' husband was diagnosed 4 years ago, and now after treatment he has been given the all clear.

She said that she can only now talk about it as he is better, and, she mentioned it to illustrate why she felt the need to get herself into a healthier BMI. :happy:

To be fair - Ellis' husband was diagnosed 4 years ago, and now after treatment he has been given the all clear.

She said that she can only now talk about it as he is better, and, she mentioned it to illustrate why she felt the need to get herself into a healthier BMI. :happy:

.... did she then continue by flogging her diet book?

I think it is generally thought that if your audience believes itself to be personally involved with the presenter and his/her family they become more suggestable to the idea of buying. Does it work? Probably often enough to make doing it worthwhile.

A few years ago I sold advertising for a national magazine, and we were told by our superiors to establish a personal rapport with clients - so we were in the know about their family, things that were going on with them, letting them in to our personal lives etc. I suppose what the presenters do works the same way - you trust and tend to buy from people you think you know. So when Ellis mentions Robert, we think we are privvy to the goings on in her personal life. The same way Loen and Andy mention Oban - the same way Dennice mentions her daughters.

'Family, Friendship, Fun' I think says it all. :wink:

Latest posts

Back