Why can't the £1 megadrops really be £1 all in?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Why is the Sit-up Network so mean that they still charge £7.99 P&P on the £1 megadrops?

They could easily make this a genuine bargain promoting a feeling of goodwill with a negligible impact on their turnover and profits!

Come on! Give us a real bargain! :muscle:

I agree. I am sure they still make hundreds from the calls missing out if they would drop the P&P I think would be a good start and out of the two I would prefer the call as could do on the web for nothing :)

PJ

Do you think they are doing too many £1 items? They seem to be doing them all the time it has lost it's meaning just look on Youtube at the original £1 megadrops with Bicycles and even a TV they would fly out now they can't even sell the stock with at £1. They need a new gimmick or else they will have to change the computer and do 50p or 1p drops because £1 Megadrop's are not exciting to the viewers and buyers anymore.

agree their not exciting anymore and sometimes are even predictable as to when their going to happen more than once i've watched a late shift and the megadrops been the very last item

Last night at the changeover the annoying (perhaps may I be bold to say worst presenter on bid even worse than Ryes) David Johnson came shouting onto the screen "We are starting with two megadrops tonight!" What is the point in that? Might as well have not bothered with the whole pretence of doing the auctions/sales absolutely pointless.

Do you think they are doing too many £1 items? They seem to be doing them all the time it has lost it's meaning just look on Youtube at the original £1 megadrops with Bicycles and even a TV they would fly out now they can't even sell the stock with at £1. They need a new gimmick or else they will have to change the computer and do 50p or 1p drops because £1 Megadrop's are not exciting to the viewers and buyers anymore.

You're right. When it was bikes and TV''s, it was exciting! Now most of the £1 megadrops is stuff that isn't worth much more than a quid anyway.

Megadrops were good in their day as I remember back in 2004 when they had their first megadrops, and the advert came on, I was so excited. Items never used to go under a tenner, let alone £1! - I think it was about a month until I saw an item go for £9.

What I think with bid is that they do sell some cheap items which are c**p to be honest. Then, they may get a decent item in (ie bedding), which they may sell for £20, but people may think "Oh it's probably cheap rubbish, I could get it cheaper else where.." even though it's good quality.

I remember the hotel collection bedding. It ended up going for about £25/£30 at the end. I actually then saw it in my tescos supermarket for £49.99.

For this reason, I think bid have to target their market at one quality type of product, so people don't automatically think that quality is bad (because of some items they sell) Etc. As some items I've bought, I've been very surprised about.

I remember the day of the real megadrops and the quanity of hundreds would disappear in the blink of an eye

I would be more excited if the postage dropped to a quid at certain times, I think that would really shift some stuff.

Bid should also have postage for multiples, instead of 1 P&P charge per item bought.

I'm watching Steve. They cancelled the rugby. There's nowt on the telly.

Latest posts

Back