Intempo Evolve Anyone Bought One Of These Yet ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

clib68

Registered Shopper
Maybe its just me, but this does not work as they say it does on their auctions !! You cant sign into websites with it !! So shopping online is defo out of the question!! You cant stream videos from bbc iplayer, itv player or demand 4. You can stream videos from you tube, but only from the site that is built into the box. (as this is google enhanced) The track mouse does not work either !! I rang their customer service number, but they could not not come up with anything to help. Surfice to say its gone back lol. Shame really because I liked it.

It's basically a box that plugs into a television and provides internet/website access plus other so-called 'smart' features that are often only available with modern televisions. This means that you can watch YouTube videos and other online content such as the BBC's iPlayer (perhaps) on your television as well as browse websites and access Facebook, Twitter, etc., using your television as a display. You can play games like Angry Birds and possibly also install other applications as well.

From what I can tell, the Evolve uses some form of Android operating system (basically the same as many 'smartphones'), but there may be limitations as to what the Evolve is capable of running compared to a decent modern smartphone . I may be wrong but I think that the Evolve is capable of running Adobe Flash for video playback, so make sure that Flash is enabled first if anyone's having trouble with video streaming. You might even have to download update(s) to make this feature work properly (if required).

My relatively new television can supposedly do many of these things as standard but I haven't yet bothered to set it up yet because I have a perfectly decent computer in the same room as the television :smile:

If you're thinking of buying an Evolve or something similar, please don't pay too much money for one because the price of such a box has fallen dramatically in recent months - I think you can now get something similar for less than £50 - and the technology is improving all the time as well.

Our TV's do all that anyway. For me though its a bit like the problem I have with mobile phones. I just want a phone which makes calls. I don't want to take photos with it, I don't want to play games and I most certainly don't want to text. Each year it is getting more difficlt to get a basic phone and I have to buy one that has all the gadgets I will never use. TV's are getting like that these days

My Virgin Media Tivo Box does most of those things you describe, clib68.

Price Plunge, I paid £59.00 on their ebay website (ocean tree trading) Greg, I wouldnt take anything from virgin, after they tried to rip me off 5 years ago !! lol

If you have a PC already there is no need for this device whatsoever. Infact it'd be easier to do on a PC full stop than this restricted pile of carp. :grin:

Latest posts

Back