Get ready for the latest scare story sell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
MIke has some ID Protection stamps or as they are more familiar to me in my office a date stamp but Bid are marketing these as ID protection stamps. Get ready for... "oooh ID theft no" "You need these to stop your stuff getting nicked" "if you don't buy these you will burn alive" "If you have bought Tanzanite you need these to stamp your rare jewellery". etc... they are obviously going to use scare tactics now as a main selling feature which is not on.

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/ID-Protec...Identity-Fraud/DM126457/ProductDetail.raction

I had my id stolen I hardly think a date stamp would have stopped the bloke taking a huge loan out in my name lol. They need a siren and a warning strip across the screen saying "THIS IS A SCARE PRODUCT"

Last edited:
We have one of those cross shredders. We had a stamp thingie, but it wasn't that good. We give our shredded papers to a neighbour for bedding (not for him... his animals)

Bonfire = only securiest of ways to destroy confidential paper work. Also doubles up as a fraudster witch victorian bonfire :D

Don't forget the marshmallows.

Bonfire = only securiest of ways to destroy confidential paper work. Also doubles up as a fraudster witch victorian bonfire :D

Don't forget the marshmallows.

Hubby always used to burn our shredded bits and bobs down the bottom of the garden. One, never to be forgotten day, the incinerator got a bit out of hand and set the lilac tree alight, this spread to an old medieval hedge (ON WHICH THERE WAS A PRESERVATION ORDER, or whatever it is called.) and burned it to the ground. I try not to think of any poor little animals living in the hedge, at least they had time to get out, but were homeless. Luckily there is only an orchard behind the hedge and no trees near. Two fire appliances came, one fireman rushed down our lawn caught his foot in the guy rope of our daughters tent and broke his ankle. The dog (a Jack Russell) thought the fireman was attacking our daughter and bit him. Eventually we got everything under control and the fireman didn't sue us, but we were fined over the hedge. Is it any wonder we are on the brink of moving? This was many years ago but to this day, when hubby looks at where the hedge used to be he developes a tic in his right eye

Hubby always used to burn our shredded bits and bobs down the bottom of the garden. One, never to be forgotten day, the incinerator got a bit out of hand and set the lilac tree alight, this spread to an old medieval hedge (ON WHICH THERE WAS A PRESERVATION ORDER, or whatever it is called.) and burned it to the ground. I try not to think of any poor little animals living in the hedge, at least they had time to get out, but were homeless. Luckily there is only an orchard behind the hedge and no trees near. Two fire appliances came, one fireman rushed down our lawn caught his foot in the guy rope of our daughters tent and broke his ankle. The dog (a Jack Russell) thought the fireman was attacking our daughter and bit him. Eventually we got everything under control and the fireman didn't sue us, but we were fined over the hedge. Is it any wonder we are on the brink of moving? This was many years ago but to this day, when hubby looks at where the hedge used to be he developes a tic in his right eye

(ANDY HODGSON) "And with a story like that we welcome you to Bid Shopping and hope you enjoy your new job selling our quality products by the way if you had had one of our essential fire blankets you may have saved the hedge and saved yourself some money by not being fined here is a statistic I found last year 100 hedges could have been saved had people had a fire blanket stored in their gardens."

Latest posts

Back