On Air Hours Cut

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Price-Drop and Bid are closing down at 12.30am tonight according to Virgin Guide and mike mason and 1am on Bid tv website.
Is this another sign of the demise of Bid Shopping - Speed Cut from 5pm to 12midnight and now Price and Bid 7,45 -12.30am (1am) it's not looking good if it's permanent.

Last edited:
Regarding the demise of these channels, one thing I have noticed this year is that they heavily push 'multi-buys'. When I first became aware of these channels this was something that you weren't allowed to do, or if so, only on a rare occasion. Now, every product, they push the fact that you can multi buy them. Certainly gives the impression that the channels are in trouble.

Just flicked over during the adverts on the TNA Wrestling and Sally Jaxx selling some ear-rings that have gone to a pound. Dishonest Sal claiming that you will only be paying a pound for these. Will they ever learn?

At least she wasn't claiming that people in the Jewellery Profession will be tuning in to buy the products, like Peter Simon has in the past!

Mark Ryes (yes, I do have him yapping away in the background :L ) just said it's a computer error or something, but it will only be for tonight.

We rarely watch the shoppers in the evenings, just pop over now and again in the advert breaks. Perhaps they are trying out the old less is more routine?

Mark Ryes (yes, I do have him yapping away in the background :L ) just said it's a computer error or something, but it will only be for tonight.

Is amazing just how frequently Bid's computer has "errors". What are they using, a Sinclair ZX81? A Commodore Vic20? An ORIC? :wonder:

Started at 8am.
Which is better anyway as it starts at the same time as price drop.
The 7.45 start time is a strange time anyway.
Hope it stays like this.

Started at 8am.
Which is better anyway as it starts at the same time as price drop.
The 7.45 start time is a strange time anyway.
Hope it stays like this.

It' so they come on before IW and QVC start their live broadcast, and finishes at 1:30, so they finish last too.

if bid, QVC and IW all started at 8, people who would watch bid may watch IW or QVC. People may think that they will tune into bid between 7:45-8, but may carry on watching. I personally think it's a good idea for only having to go on for 15 earlier. The other channels can't do that, as they would have to go on at 7am.

Latest posts

Back