P&P Terms And Conditions

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
Our Returns Terms and Conditions

Details of how to return goods to bid shopping are dispatched with each order. Your statutory rights are not affected.

If goods are damaged or faulty in any way, or do not match the description given at time of sale, then the goods should be returned to bid shopping within 14 days of receipt. This must be done using the returns note provided, ensuring the reason for the return is completed. The customer will usually be offered an exchange, subject to availability. If the customer rejects the offer, or if a replacement product is not available, our operators will process a refund within 14 days of receiving the returned goods. Where products are damaged or faulty, the return carriage costs will be borne by bid shopping subject to quality control check upon receipt of the product.

Customers may elect to return their goods for a refund for any other reason within 14 days of the date they receive the goods, provided that they advise bid shopping (by phone on 0844 811 6611 or via the Contact Us page). No reason needs to be given. A full refund of the purchase price will be made once the goods have been returned, subject to quality control check upon receipt of the product. The original P&P charge will not be refunded and return postage is payable by the customer. Items must be returned in an unused condition and with their original, unopened packaging. The refund will be made as soon as is practicable, and not later than 14 days from the receipt of the returned products by bid shopping.

Customers' rights under this Part D are in addition to the cancellation rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. Any customer may notify bid shopping by phone on 0844 811 6611 or via Contact Us on our websites, that he/she wishes to cancel their contract before the end of the statutory cancellation period (7 working days from the day after he/she receives the goods). The customer must then return the goods to bid shopping along with the returns slip which is enclosed with the goods. Return postage is payable by the customer and the customer is advised to obtain a certificate of posting. Items must be returned in an unused condition and with the original packaging. Items with hygienic seals, such as jewellery, swimwear and underwear, are not eligible for return. Nothing under these terms and conditions affects customers' statutory rights.

This is why p&p is so important because under the above they will only refund you the cost of the product so if you send it back they have made £7.99 out of you.

Also Bid don't tell you under consumer rights law if you cancel within the 7 day cooling off period you are entitled to a FULL refund

Last edited:
This is not true. If an item is in good condition, they only have to pay back to price (not P&P), but if it's faulty, they have to give you a full refund and the P&P back which it cost you. IW is good for this, as they have a freepost address.

I've only returned one item and it wasn't faulty. They reimbursed the cost of the product and the P&P. I'm sure it was a mistake, but I certainly didn't complain. :wink:

And the refund appeared in my account far quicker than with some other companies.

The only thing with Sit-up's postage cost is where they charge upto £40 for posting 5 items no matter what the weight (buying via TV premium rate phone call)

That is a scandal and needs a lid putting on it. I know they say 'per item' on screen. Makes me wonder how many have been caught out by it.

This is not true. If an item is in good condition, they only have to pay back to price (not P&P), but if it's faulty, they have to give you a full refund and the P&P back which it cost you. IW is good for this, as they have a freepost address.

From Distance Selling Regs:-

"Under the distance selling regulations, you are quite within your rights to change your mind at any time, return the goods and get a full refund. This means without financial penalty of any kind – such as a cancellation charge or a ‘restocking’ fee. The supplier must also refund any delivery charges paid by you, and any other costs related to the contract. Refunds must be made within 30 days from cancellation, whether or not the goods have been sent back. Any related credit agreements will also cease to exist.

You may be required to pay to return the goods, but you must have been informed of this as part of the pre-contractual information. if the goods are faulty, then under Sale of Goods, the supplier will always bear the cost of returning them."

However, you must have advised of your intent to cancel, in writing, within 7 days of the agreement.

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I apologise! :)

" Refunds must be made within 30 days from cancellation, whether or not the goods have been sent back." Hmmm...buy a £1000 piece of jewellery and say you sent it back?! lol

Latest posts

Back