Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
No I'm not on the wrong forum. I did something last week I haven't done in years. I ordered something from Ideal World. It was a scarf. Well more like a scarf necklace actually. The Kurt Muller animal print scarf.

Kurt Muller.jpg

I ordered it last Friday and to be fair it came today and I am very pleased with it. The crystals are real, the links are heavy and the overall quality is good.

However the whole thing arrived in a bubble envelope. No box, no tissue paper, no plastic bag. My scarf was quite literally stuffed into a half opened jiffy bag.

How dare shopping channels charge the prices they do for postage and packaging!

I had an awful time ordering the thing on the phone because of course the man the other end was in the far east somewhere and had great difficulty understanding me. I had to speak personally to him because I was not on my home phone. I did not expect it to arrive so quickly actually but it has. The scarf may not be to everyone's taste but I was really drawn to it.

So ladies I have not defected not dropped my guard for a while.

I saw those scarves and quite like them too, but I have so many scarves, so I did not.
You have a point there Gem Genie, twice I wanted to order some things from there, but the man on the other end was so slow and was prolonging the conversation, by saying things like, "sorry, the system is taking so long " the first time, in the end I asked him if IW had some arrangements with the telephone company, so that we had to spend so much time on our phone. At the end he was trying to tell me about all their offers and if I wanted to join something or the other!!:angry:
The second time, the person on the other end was also so slow and tried to tell me that their system was slow, I told him I have heard that before and also told him I was not interested in any offers either, so don't waste my time, but he continued to as if he was a robot!!! I was appalled.

I'm still not sure what this has to do with QVC? What am I missing? I'd have posted this on the IW forum.

They like to keep you talking on lines that you pay for as they make money out of it. Sky are the best ones for doing this. I used to chat for ages to the ladies when I rang for anything and I thought they were being really nice sometimes 20-30 mins just for a 5 min problem. Then I saw a tv programme where they said they are encouraged to do this to make money. Now I dismiss their chat and almost say just get on with what I have asked you to do !

I actually find IW are pretty good with the packaging on the whole. For me, it's QVC who need to learn the lessons - I've had bottles of tea tree oil crushed because they were just put into a jiffy bag, jewellery thrown in with no box or pouch and, most recently, a Judith Williams moisturiser that had been laid on QVC's post bag and then rolled up in it, rather than put inside the bag. Goodness knows how it didn't just drop out in transit as there was nothing keeping it in there at all. It all makes me wonder where the £4 or £5 P&P charge actually goes.

Warehouse pickers on minimum wage? Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

I'm still not sure what this has to do with QVC? What am I missing? I'd have posted this on the IW forum.

No you are not missing anything, I have moved this thread into the IW section now as that is where is belongs, sorry Gem Genie.

On the rare occasion that I've ordered something from IW, I've ordered it via their website so haven't had the delight of talking to someone in their call centre (thank goodness.) They've always delivered quickly and I've never had any problem with them. Even when I had to return something, the refund was processed quickly.

Mind you, I've not ordered anything for well over a year so maybe they're getting worse. Must be due to all the millions of customers who are allegedly on the phone in each show, and making the stock drop so dramatically in the apparent blink of an eye. :wink:

Latest posts

Back