Halogen oven

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got mine from Coopers, cost me around £60 with the extras.

Use it two or three times a week. Had it now for about 4 years.

It's the short life of the halogen heating element that puts me off. That and the fact that they're not easily replaceable (just how environmentally friendly is it to have to replace the WHOLE unit rather than the element that's died?), and they tend not to "die" with a whimper, but with a loud bang and a flash.

It's the short life of the halogen heating element that puts me off. That and the fact that they're not easily replaceable (just how environmentally friendly is it to have to replace the WHOLE unit rather than the element that's died?), and they tend not to "die" with a whimper, but with a loud bang and a flash.

I thought I'd been shot :giggle:

Yes, I have used one and really liked it. My god daughter has one and I had a go. I've not bought one yet because we are downsizing prior to moving but I intend to get one when I get into my new kitchen... Ummm houses are so slow moving in our neck of the woods, they may well be out of fashion by the time I get into a new kitchen.:thinking:

I bought mine from Ideal World. I love using it. I can see inside it and it cooks things quicker. It's very noisy though!

Attachments

• mobile_home1.jpg
    mobile_home1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 146
  • MobileHome.jpg
    MobileHome.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 146
  • mobilehome3.jpg
    mobilehome3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 153
  • portaloo.jpg
    portaloo.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 154
I'm not sure if they done it on purpose, but Ideal world was selling one at the same time (2-3pm), and was on their blockbuser, and £47.99 + £5.99 P&P. Bid sold theirs for £34.99 + £7.99

Just cooked my first chook in the one I've got (had 3 or 4 years), came out really nice, fed 6 of us, very pleased.

Latest posts

Back