I'm a bit fed up with all these CD-roms

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
I just think it is overkill. There are enough beautiful items to choose from, wherever you shop, without paying a fortune on printer ink. Am I wrong? :wave:

I'm probably not the right person to answer this question - seeing as I've bought 7 craft cd roms in the last week! LOL! In my defence 4 of them were in the Polkadoodles sale at a bargain price. And 2 of the others were from C&C, again at a 'not to be refused' price.
I have rather a lot of cd roms which I enjoy using in my crafting. I follow a blog that's called the CD Sunday Challenge Blog. The object of the blog is to use something from a cd along side your other crafting stash.

I just think it is overkill. There are enough beautiful items to choose from, wherever you shop, without paying a fortune on printer ink. Am I wrong? :wave:

I am fed up with the My Craft Studio ones now. Despite what they say they use up space and once you have a number installed they slow your pc down. There are loads of repeats now as well, may not be identical but similar enough to be almost identical. Unless you run a proper business selling cards then there is a limit to how many you need.

I think one of the reasons there are so many CD's around is they are so cheap to produce. Once the designer has been paid or copyright etc the cost to manufacture a CD is about 15 pence.
I have been a crafter for about 12 years and run my own crafting business but I have to say I am not a fan of CD's, for me perosnally it takes the creative part out of card making but I know they play a big part in a lot of peoples crafting and for a lot of people they find them very useful. I do however have Barbara Grays last DVD but that is a tutorial and I have in the past had a couple of Dawn Bibby's tutorial DVD's.

Kim

I'm with you on this! Yes, they seem very reasonable but the cost of the ink to print out is pretty steep. I like the tutorials they do mind, but I agree there are too many about

I am fed up with the My Craft Studio ones now. Despite what they say they use up space and once you have a number installed they slow your pc down. There are loads of repeats now as well, may not be identical but similar enough to be almost identical. Unless you run a proper business selling cards then there is a limit to how many you need.

Unless there is something wrong with your computer you can have as many as you like and they won't slow your computer down at all.

You seem to be installing the artwork on the MCS CDs, whereas if you run it from the CD it won't fill up your hard drive and slow it down. Just install the graphics program and not the artwork from each CD.

Latest posts

Back