£1 items a day of the past being excited about.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
I remember when real megadrops started back in 2004, as items rarely went under £10 let alone to £1. When they done non stop drops on low end items, it was 2010 before items did go for £1 on non stop drops.

Now, over the past 2 weeks, £1 items are something which happen in every shift. Last night Nicola was on bid 6:30-10, and every other item was £1!

It used to be just a couple of items out of their entire stock which would go to £1 back in 2010, and a couple more in 2011, but this is now ridiculous.

What I think they are doing, is they used to sell lots of items for £20-£30, and I imagine, if the items didn't sell very well, they would lose a small fortune on them if they wren't careful. I think now, they will buy things in for about £3-£4, and sell for £1, and would still be making a tidy profit on each one from the P&P and phone call. This may be a tactic to not lose money on items.

What they are doing is selling items you would find elsewhere for about £5 or £6 so they are selling them at £1 plus £7.99 p&p and making a small profit of £2-£3, crafty tactic, the problem is £1 is becoming so common now the viewer isn't even interested at a £1 it's a dangerous step for a business. I know some of the products arrive on the "book world" or another company at work for around £5.

It is unlikely you will see Bid have high quality products in great numbers for a while until the economy takes a turn and they can risk it in order to stay in business they are keeping the profits margins low enough to survive. So don't expect products like bicycles and dvd players etc to be around in great numbers for a while.

Forgot what they were selling earlier but they sold less than half of their stock for £1. Even with the 2 minute clock that didn't make folk rush to their phones.

I think the general public is getting wise to Bid and its tactics. Sales are dropping.

I don't even think p&p really counts chances are Bid Shopping have a fixed price deal with their delivery company, a one off fee and don't pay them per product sent, if this is the case then as long as they make the money back they have paid them the p&p is effectively part of the price but for return deliveries as I explained in another thread the customer only gets the price they paid for the product back all crafty but perfectly legal I should think.

If bid do make a small proft on each product they will eventually sell it somehow whether on tv,website or ebay so they will never really lose out, there is no way they would sell them for a £1 if they didn't make a profit somewhere.

Latest posts

Back