What is the ultimate Bid TV Nightmare show I think it is right now!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
1) 2 and a half hours of jewellery :mysmilie_468:

2) Peter Simon telling us how great every piece is, magnificent, just buy it, truly the best we do, excellent personified, something wonderous to own, something to treasure etc etc :yawn:

3) Helen Bates as the assistant :puke:

4) Knowing that Tanzanite and Swarovski are not far away. :confused:

In fact it the only thing worse would be Nark Lyes and Tori presenting.

I have to agree with the above, I hardly watch the channel anymore but switched over a couple of times during breaks of other programmes, First time I lasted about 2 minutes watching a gold heart pendant of which they only had 5 of which seemed like a Speed Auction quantity, Another break I lasted 10 seconds upon hearing Helen Bates, another break about 2 minutes as I guessed Peter Simon was starting to warm up for his tanzanite speech it went off again

I find the channel boring to watch now, there are the odd time its fun but the constant jewellery i'm bored of, Presenters like Peter Simon have no fun doing things like this its just 2 and a half hours of the same thing just with different stones

They need to do something soon or they won't be around much longer, drop the hard sell, let presenters have more fun and interact with the assistants as they used to do, if they insist on jewellery rename 1 of the channels and just do jewellery then people who don't want it can watch the other channel, I liked the randomness previously where 1 minute they could be selling a toaster then some bedding then some solar lights then a watch then kids toys, the themed hours spoilt that but a few dotted through the day were ok but they are becoming more and more common now, Surley people switch off if someone is selling clothes for 2 hours if they are not interested in clothes at least when they did random products you could watch for 10 minutes and they would be on to something else which may interest you, The quality of the items has decreased dramatically, so get some better products and sack the buying team who are responsible for the worry angels and other tat like that, I saw last week they had a set of 4 frogs with a start price of £15, they sold for £1 + P&P

Key thing to anyone from bid shopping on here is stop telling lies and treating us like were all thick

Last edited:
Didn't watch much of Peter Simon (there are other things elsewhere that were much better to watch!), but at least Helen didn't appear to scream and shout like she was doing not so long ago, at least on the two occasions I briefly saw her tonight.

Bid TV ought to just admit defeat and rebrand themselves as Ratners; I'm sure Mr. Ratner won't mind someone else using a previously discredited brand to sell jewellery of dubious value :grin:

3) Helen Bates as the assistant :puke:

In fact it the only thing worse would be Nark Lyes and Tori presenting.
Surely you don't think Tori is worse than Helen? Yeah, she's not great, but the same can be said about the majority of the assistants these days. Helen is in a league of her own when it comes to ineptitude, lack of common sense, lack of intelligence, ditziness etc. In my opinion she is the worst assistant to ever grace these channels (and by quite some way)!

They need to bring back the almighty Lisa Celisse; on-one has ever come close to her.

Hear Hear! She obviously got the job on the account of her looks...'cause she is a stunning looking girl, and possibly her "bubbly" personality...however, did they not play back her screen-test (that's if she had one!) and notice that in this case "bubbly" = downright annoying!

A nightmare show would most certainly feature her acting like a complete cretin, Peter Simon giving the "Tat through the ages" lecture, and some kind of mock vault, megadropping, well any kind of fakery, by that I mean more staged than usual!

A nightmare show would most certainly feature her acting like a complete cretin, Peter Simon giving the "Tat through the ages" lecture, and some kind of mock vault, megadropping, well any kind of fakery, by that I mean more staged than usual!
That of course has genuinely happened on at least several occasions. Yes it may be a complete nightmare but at least it has that "slow motion car crash" quality, namely you know you shouldn't look but you find it incredibly difficult to look away, whereas it's easier to switch off under almost any other circumstances.

Anyway, even a complete jewellery dunce like myself can tell that the much-derided Argos catalogue usually contains better quality jewellery than the junk peddled on these channels. Occasionally there even used to be a few really expensive items (£5000+) sold on the Bid channels, presumably included to give an illusion of general 'quality' (ha ha), but they even seem to have given up on doing this apart from the ludicrous "AAA Tanzanite" I saw recently.

Latest posts

Back