Forget Sit-up! I'm totally addicted to Amazon! Why can't Sit-up be like Amazon???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
What do you think it would take for me to get hooked on buying from Sit-up?

At the moment I am buying at least 7 items every week from Amazon. It's great seeking out the bargains from there and Ebay.

I have only ever ordered once from Sit-up's and that was clearance stuff.

What would you like to see changed for them to be worth while buying from? :talking:

I'd just settle for a pair of whatever Ben has worn, steve.... :cool:

I've found electrical items from local suppliers that are cheaper than Amazon, so be careful! Plus Amazon prices can go up and down like a yo-yo as well, and they also list items which have been discontinued presumably so that they can be sold secondhand.

Amazon's good for hard-to-source items like obscure watches, etc., but of course remember that Amazon Marketplace items aren't sold by Amazon themselves (just like eBay). Plus I always buy certain items locally if they require support of some description (especially computers).

I mainly buy sheet music on Amazon. It is way cheaper than buying from a local music shop. I have found a lot of music selling for only a penny (+£2.80 p&p) which is amazing value. Some of the anthologies cost about £20-25 elsewhere.

Amazon is good for new books, and Amazon marketplace is definitely worth checking out for older/out of print stuff.

eBay's also a good place to check, and for DVDs I check out www.finddvd.com to check prices first.

Amazon has one good thing going for it and that's excellent customer serice. However, I do have some gripes about the packaging - the A1/A2 type of packagings is crap! I have had yet another CD sent to me full of scratch marks plus the disc has a factory defect. I wish they would quality check stuff before throwing it in one of these envelopes with next to no protection (i.e. bubble wrap).

I've had to return upto 30 items in the past 4 years - I started shopping with Amazon in 2001 and the quality has gone down hill over the past few years :(

i LOVE amazon i too buy a lot of things from there and their customer services is brilliant had an issue with my kindle over christmas they couldn't do enough for me to sort it out sit up for me would need to be like amazon my vote lol

Latest posts

Back