Furious, angry and spitting blood.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
So for the first time I manage to see a Glenn Lehrer show.

I fall in love with the amethyst gents ring and as it can be sized down I decided to get it for myself. I put it in my basket, IMMEDIATELY the auction has finished, I go in to check out my basket and it's not in there (despite having confirmation that item had been secured). THEN to add insult to injury the customer service bloke on the phone couldn't care less. Yes I had even taken the time to phone them. :headbang:

So, then the next ring appears - an absolutely phenomenal amethyst ring JSPS41 and actually I love this one better. So, I bought it before the drop, went into my basket to check it out but as the price hadn't dropped it wouldn't let me. So I waited until the final drop and IMMEDIATELY went into my basket. There it was! Yeah. So I then try to check it out and it says it can't checked out with stock of -1. In other words they'd given preference to telephone buyers DESPITE ME BEING QUICKER THAN ANY PHONE BUYER COULD HAVE BEEN. I phoned again and am told "the only thing I can do is delete it from your basket". I'm then passed to a manager because I'm incandescent with rage who says that actually it's been oversold by 2! Absolutely unacceptable.

I'm beyond furious. :down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down::down:

That is really not on,Meeshoo!

Not feeling well yesterday I watched quite a bit of Gems (in bed!!) and saw some of the Glen Lehrer show,amazing pieces,and they were going very quickly.

I hope that the powers that be see this thread and contact you to make sure that you get something from this collection.

That is really not on,Meeshoo!

Not feeling well yesterday I watched quite a bit of Gems (in bed!!) and saw some of the Glen Lehrer show,amazing pieces,and they were going very quickly.

I hope that the powers that be see this thread and contact you to make sure that you get something from this collection.

I hope you feel better today Sweetpea
smiley_hug2.gif

I'd be spitting blood too, having waited so long for another Lehrer show. The Amethysts are much less common than the Citrines, some of which remained unsold on the website after auction! Steve B was in the studio also so I hope he knows about this 'over selling' and does something about it! I'm not sure if there is another hour on tonight?

Thanks for your lovely messages ladies.

I need to eat humble pie now because one of the Supervisors at Gems has emailed me and they've found the ring that I really wanted so I'm delighted. I'll be getting it later this week so will post up a review because there seems to be a lack of reviews and photos of real life Glenn Lehrer on this forum so I promise I'll do that.

Sacha, I agree that there seemed to be an overload of Citrine which is a shame because I'm not sure that paler yellow gems suit everybody. I think you have to have a certain skin tone to carry it off. The Amethyst was a gorgeous deep purple/blue so fingers crossed it's lovely. I'm not sure how many of them there were. I don't think it was a limited stock one but I might be wrong. I think it was one of 60 or something.

Sweetpea - hope you're feeling better today.

Thanks for the get well wishes,folks:happy:

I feel a lot better today,this new chemo is messing me about somewhat,nothing too bad but sleep patterns wonky,spots,fatigue.........I look ****** great lol

Glad you got your piece,Meeshoo,and look forward to seeing the pics.Funnily enough amethyst is one stone that looks horrid on me,I love the stone but it drains the colour out of me.The amethyst pieces last night looked lush though(the bits I saw between snoozing that is):yawn:

Glad you are feeling better today sweetpea, sending you a ((hug)).
Glad gems came through for you Meeshoo, you will have to watch on Sunday as well just incase :)

I'm pleased to hear that you were sorted out Meesh, but its definitely not you who 'needs to eat humble pie'. CS should have been a lot more helpful and proactive last night. As it is they robbed you of the satisfaction and pleasure of snatching something you may have wanted for some time.....as you missed the previous Lehrer shows. I don't think the gent himself would be too impressed by this lack of service! Fingers crossed your delivery will be perfect.

The pendant I got in January (photo in an earlier thread) was a Honey Citrine, but irl it is rather lighter in colour, but extremely clear and very sparkly with all those unusual facets. I thought the Sky Blue Topaz's were very pretty and did cost a bit more. Mine was from a limited edition of 40, but the tag inside is far too small to read which number exactly!!

Best wishes from me also Sweetpea, glad to hear you feel better today, am thinking of you....:flower:

I remember your pendant Sacha and that was what inspired me to actually make an effort to watch the show. I have to say that on screen the Citrine sparkled much better than the Topaz. I thought that I would prefer the Topaz but actually it looked very pale and wishy washy (especially at the edges where it lost colour completely. There was one of the lighter Citrine rings that I was very tempted by but honestly yellow gems don't suit me at all. They look like wee (sorry!) on me!!!

I was surprised that there wasn't a bigger variety of gems. The one that DID surprise me was the green amethyst pendant that didn't sell out. I thought the style and colour of that one was very pretty (and it was cheaper than most of the others).

I really liked the gents amethyst in yellow and white gold with celtic type scrolling on the shank. Although Glenn Lehrer said it could be resized, and it certainly looked like it could, CS told me it couldn't! I still think it could but I wonder why that design hasn't been made for ladies as well? Think they're missing a trick there!

I liked the mens design as well, they should have made it in all sizes. They did say there was a white gold garnet mens ring on Sunday, I hope there is a white gold ladies garnet as well to add to my order of the amethyst one (we always like the same rings).

I'm just going to link to the other thread about Glenn Lehrer jewellery so people can ogle your pendant Sacha:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?32185-Glenn-Lehrer

I've just re-read that thread again and it seems like the range of gemstones before was much broader with sapphires and tourmalines.
May have missed one, but I did see the GL shows before Xmas, he kept referring to them last night as rapid sell-outs, but I personally don't recall ever seeing anything other than Quartz, Citrine or Topaz......sadly. Sapphires would be good!

The blue Topaz shown on last nights show was a bit watery, I agree. Looking at the website they do seem to vary,
a square pendant
has a lovely intense hue whilst the round one is much less so!

I was looking forward to seeing the earrings, but don't think the style they showed was for me.

Hope your delivery is all you wish for Cherub, and it makes up for the 'lost' earrings on another thread. :wink::wink:

Last edited:
What's interesting Sacha is that "normally" a bezel set gem (ie the round one) will appear darker than a prong set gem but clearly in the examples you've linked to that's not the case.

Does anybody know what time the show is on on Sunday please? If it's around 9pm there's no hope I'll be watching because I'm glued to the new series called Homeland!

Great to see some lively enthusiasm on the Forum again!

I've not watched any of the Lehrer shows before - it never occurred to me that the pieces would be affordable - and I missed all but about 10 minutes of the recent one; but I was very impressed. I'll try to watch on Sunday. I'd love an amethyst TorusRing surrounded by diamonds, so Gems, if you're reading this...

Miss Magpie your wish has come true an Amethyst Torus ring surrounded in diamonds was shown tonight(sunday) I do hope you managed to watch the show and get one they also done a matching pendant ,my finger just happened to slip and press the buy button on both pieces how clumsy of me lol cant wait for the man with the van to come on monday or tuesday

Yes, Milly, I did - exactly what I wanted! I actually ordered both the white and yellow gold versions, since they were slightly different (but equally lovely) designs, and then I can decide which one I prefer when I see them in the flesh. (No, I won't be keeping them both - really too similar.)

I would love a pair of torus earrings in amethyst with a halo of diamonds around - I wonder if we can persuade Glenn to make make some like that?

I's a shame that this nice, enthusiastic thread still has a not-so-enthusiastic sounding subject line - especailly since Meesho happily got what she wanted in the end and is therefore no longer furious!

Latest posts

Back