Extraordinary!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just turned on to this. Why is he shouting so much? It's ridiculous. The jewellery is just cheap tacky ****! :headbang:

I was very disappointed to also see the lovely Lucinda getting involved and lapping up Pete's gushing hyperbole. At one point she even went and got her phone and purchased some earrings live on air.

They are not allowed to buy themselves on air that's why Brash always got her mother to buy for her and Sally Jaxxs tried to ring her mother because they not allowed she could be in trouble.

They are not allowed to buy themselves on air that's why Brash always got her mother to buy for her and Sally Jaxxs tried to ring her mother because they not allowed she could be in trouble.
Surely a producer or someone would have advised her in her earpiece that she can't do this? It wasn't like she had her mobile phone on her as she had to go off screen for a bit to get it. Maybe it is the latest sales technique or maybe Peter has so much power that people can do what they want when they are with him?

I am sure they are not because they could lock the price higher for other customers or it might be seen as them fiddling, if it was a none stop drop Lucinda could have forced a price to be locked at say for example £10 if she hadn't bought one no one else might have rung up and it could have gone to a £1 they are in a dodgy area if they allow presenters/assistants to buy on air.

pretty sure i've seen mr ryes ordering things on air more than once think he ordered a kids bed set for his godson he was telling people to look out for his name on screen maybe they've changed policy since then

I still can't get over how to sell some jewellery they even put a picture of Joan Collins up wearing a similar set. I'm sure she'll be turning in her grave at the thought she could've got her earrings for £1.99!

If she was dead she might. Bid is still classed as an auction channel and as such if you went to a real auction and you found out that someone bidding against you was an employee of the auction house would you stand by and do nothing so why should an auction on tv have a presenter/assitant bidding against viewers? Ofcom need to investigate if this is going on.

Yes they do buy on air. Sally buys on air, I've seen ryes many times, as well as Elisa. If they want it, why not? It's the only proven way that they really like the product.

Benny they could easily manipulate a sale by allowing staff to bid it isn't fair on the viewer. I saw Sally the other week screaming for her mobile phone because she wanted a necklace that was a £1 she rang her mum who didn't answer and didn't get one also Brash would shout out for her mum to ring up because she couldn't so someone is wrong. Some are doing it unless it's part of the pretence and selling tactics.

Don't the staff have a (yeh, let's laugh) discount scheme like they do in many other retail businesses?

When I worked in a contraceptive factory, many, many years ago, we used to get 75% off Johnson & Johnson products (they were one of the other umbrella companies within a conglomerate). I had tons of baby oil and talcum powder which lasted a decade.

Couldn't they just pop next door to the warehouse?

Very strange. Maybe they have worms.

No they keep saying the don't have any discounts.

An insight into the very private life of Greg there who would have thought his bedroom was a haven for baby oil and talcum powder!

No they keep saying the don't have any discounts.

An insight into the very private life of Greg there who would have thought his bedroom was a haven for baby oil and talcum powder!

I think it stops al the leather chafeing :nod:

when greg mentioned he worked in a contraceptive factory a discount on talc and baby oil i was not thinking of lol naughty me :giggle:

steveh. How did you guess? Yes, I used to sneak some out under my coat.

Not. lol.

Latest posts

Back