Item rec'd not as advertised - advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluebell

Registered Shopper
I need some advice please, I dont often buy from ebay but saw a
silver tube of elemis redness Solution advertised as
2012 stock NEW at a great price so bought it.
It has arrived today and instead of being a silver pump action tube as the picture showed
it is a white tube of daily redness Relief which is not sealed and I believe to be old stock

I have never had a problem with an ebay purchase before so dont want to go in all guns blazing but I am really angry that she has shown a picture of the silver tube but sent the white tube
others were selling the white tube but I didnt want it :angry:

Please can you advise my course of action?

Thanks in advance

I would contact the person and just say you purchased expecting to receive the silver tube and have received the white and it looks like there has been a packing error and see what kind of response you get.

This happened recently to me, not skincare, but item I received was not as the photo and turned out someone had just packed the wrong one.

This is the response I have received and I have told her this is wrong and I want a refund!

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry about this but that is the way that it comes and Elemis do not supply it anymore in the silver tube. The picture is only for illustration. There is no difference with the product that you have been posted and you have received the official Elemis retail product as listed.

Hi Bluebell. It sounds like your seller is trying it on. You cannot prove it is old stock but neither can she prove it isn't but the fact is you have not received the product she listed which leads you to believe it is, furthermore if the photo she showed in her listing was for illustration purposes only she should have made that clear and stated what you would receive instead. Also the fact that it is a cosmetic product and not sealed is unacceptable from a hygiene point of view and that alone is a very valid reason for not accepting it. Put all this info in a blunt 'I'm not taking this bullsh*t from you' type email response and tell her that if she still refuses to accept its return and refund you then you will open a Paypal dispute and leave her negative feedback. Sx

She has said if I return the item she will do a refund

Am I liable for the return postage or will she refund me for this as well?

The ones in the tube are salon use. I have also seen them out as testers, so it might not be old stock but a tester tube or from a salon.

The last one I bought from ebay came in the tube, but the photo did show it as this.

Some decent sellers offer to pay return postage, but there aren't many like that, you could use that website to see how old the actual project is (on another thread), but in my experience they won't. It's really dissapointing when things go wrong on Ebay and I have to say Paypal protection/dispute resolution isn't actually much use!

The ones in the tube are salon use. I have also seen them out as testers, so it might not be old stock but a tester tube or from a salon.

The last one I bought from ebay came in the tube, but the photo did show it as this.

Other sellers had it in a tube but I wanted the silver pump and thats why I bought this item

Ebay rules state that you are liable for the return postage so you will probably not get thet back Bluebell.

I thought that might be the case PPC

Is she a business seller? if she is look at her terms and conditions. If she's private you'll have to pay the return postage and make sure you send it by a trackable method.

Think she is a private seller, the ad said no returns accepted

Some decent sellers offer to pay return postage, but there aren't many like that, you could use that website to see how old the actual project is (on another thread), but in my experience they won't. It's really dissapointing when things go wrong on Ebay and I have to say Paypal protection/dispute resolution isn't actually much use!

I suppose its worth asking for the return postage?
The website that shows the ages of cosmetics doesnt have Elemis unfortunately.
I dont buy much from ebay but this has definately put me off buying anything else

Latest posts

Back