Massive mark up on "Aquaswiss" watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
Steve had a collection of Aquaswiss watches, and his 'favourite', was the most expensive (believe it or not)

Well, the last one went for £629.99, and there were 5 of them. I went on the bid website to see if they had it on there, and it was, for £249.99! lol So that is a mark up of £380 of THEIR web price, so I imagine, at least £400 profit on each watch, meaning £2,000 made in 5 minutes! lol Can't be bad :p

To be fair, if people are going to make a considered purchase without checking prices out elsewhere first then they either have money to burn or don't care about getting a better deal.

Bid isn't the only place to do better deals on their own websites: HMV is notorious for selling goods at a higher price in its stores than it does on its website.

Bid isn't the only place to do better deals on their own websites: HMV is notorious for selling goods at a higher price in its stores than it does on its website.
HMV has always been notoriously expensive even before the World Wide Web was invented, but it's understandable that instore prices are higher to fund shop overheads. However I don't get the massive differences between some shop and internet prices; I would happily pay extra to buy something in a shop if the excess was reasonable, but there seems to be a big disparity relating to certain items that cannot be simply explained by claiming that the items were sourced from cheaper suppliers elsewhere in Europe.

I never said I agreed with it; I'm just saying that Bid aren't unique in doing this.

But I doubt the difference is ≈£400
About six years ago I remember a branch of HMV selling a current CD single that wasn't a back catalogue rarity or an import for £16. Yes, four tracks for the unbelievable value of £16.

HMV selling a CD single for £16!!!!!!

That's almost Bid TV pricing!
mysmilie_61.gif

But I doubt the difference is ≈£400

Benny what on Earth has happened?

It wasn't so long ago that Bid has done no wrong in your eyes, and you would be on here defending their business practices to the hilt.

But NOW look at you! I know that it's a thin line between love and hate, but talk about a 360 degree turn :wonder:

Peter Simon's currently flogging a ghastly-looking Aquaswiss watch as an "extraordinary buy" - under £600 and falling. (Only 4 in quantity.)

I've never heard of Aquaswiss before, but after research, it does look like they are expensive watches. Atleast the one on bid started at £1,300 and went for £550, the one on price drop which went for £629.99 only started at £850! lol

I can see these watches being money earners. - I also have noticed that Ingersolls have gone from the channels. 9A few are still on their websites though)

Aquaswiss may make quality watches but the dark-coloured watch I saw earlier this evening is only worth about £100 in my opinion (it sold for not much less than £400); the quality superficially appears to be on a par with Ingersoll but seem to sell for even higher prices.

Latest posts

Back